New LG C1 in South Korea with Core 2 Duo CPU

Discussion in 'LG' started by Unlogic, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Rushan

Rushan Pen Pal - Newbie

LG in South Korea has released a new model the C1-PP760K, it has a Core 2 Duo U7600 1.2 Ghz processor and the rest is the same as the other C1 models. I really like the C1 when I was able to use it a little. The touch screen is very responsive and to me it writes better then the Fujitsu's 8.9" touchscreen tablet. The URL below should let you see more specs on the C1 or other LG XNote laptops. http://www.lge.co.kr/brand/xnote/product/BrandProductTMainCmd.laf?brand=XNOTE

2. Giuppi

Giuppi Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder when this upgrade will be available in the rest of the world (i´m in Europe).

Do you know if it has 3G option?

3. Rushan

Rushan Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't read anything about it having 3G options, and it seems what you see on the website is what they offer with no real choice of options. The price of the new ones atleast in South Korea is about the same as the older C1's.

4. Rushan

Rushan Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems for now that the C1 with the C2D will not be made due to a part problem coming from the US.

5. Unlogic

Unlogic Scribbler - Standard Member

Do you have any more details on this subject? :confused:

I've been looking forward to replacing my P1510 with the C2D version of the C1 since it's the only ultra-protable that offers two ram slots, dedicated gfx and a 64-bit dual core cpu which is just what I need for work.

6. Rushan

Rushan Pen Pal - Newbie

From what I understood from my in-laws in Korea, is that a chip or part that is produced in America (maybe the cpu) was not working properly when they tested the machines. Because the machines failed the tests I think they are going to delay making them until the bugs are fixed. I hope that they will be able to make them by the end of summer.

7. Unlogic

Thanks for a quick reply!

If they would release it at the end of the summer it would be perfect cause thats when I'm planning to upgrade ;)

Btw you seem to have some excellent contacts at LG!

8. Rushan

Rushan Pen Pal - Newbie

If I hear anything about them trying again I will post. I only know this info because I had one pre-ordered in Korea, but had to cancel it due to me coming back to the US.

9. Unlogic