New Lenovos Announced at CES

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by kruzilla, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't see this posted here but I thought everyone would be interested. Both have pen support. It's built in to the X1 Yoga shown but not demo'd in the vid and optional for the Thinkpad X1 at 50 bucks:

http://gizmodo.com/lenovos-windows-...source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/3/10706482/new-lenovo-x1-carbon-ultrabook-announced-ces-2016

These look fairly nice.

I ended up returning my TPY 14 because of the lousy trackpad and the fact that it only registered my pen strokes in Illustrator half the time (plus I had deadlines to meet so I couldn't wait on drivers) but if they fix those 2 issues I'd definitely give them another shot.

FiDeLiuS, gtbaka and darkmagistric like this.
  2. olevelo

olevelo Pen Pal - Newbie

The new trackpad drivers for the TPY 14 (460) are a big improvement. The scrolling issues are fixed, which are the only problems I had. I think it's awesome. I still haven't used the pen enough though. I've had no issues in Illustrator so far, but Photoshop doesn't agree with the pressure sensitivity consistently at all. But this X1 Yoga is very tempting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

I had a lot of problems with the cursor jumping all over the place and the right-click magically appearing while I was using what was supposed to be the left-click. This was after I updated the drivers too. The other big issue was the Illustrator bug. I know Wacom was working on a fix but I don't know if it came out or if it worked.