New lease of Life for the EP121

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by GiGo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

As my two ASUS EP121 have now since retired from daily use, by both me and my son. I have been using one with Windows 10 and it is great, I really only use it for streaming video and casting to my TV, so in essence one big remote control.

But the other day, REMIX OS 2.0 was launched, basically an x86 version of Android. I've dual booted it with Win10 and it really is a snappy little OS with all the goodness of Android but better!

It's still in Alpha (but so far I have not had any issues), it hasn't not got official Play Store Support nor can install it to your HDD, it's not hard too do either if you follow a few simple instructions.

There are only 2 issues I have discovered, 1) No Bluetooth and 2) No screen rotation, but this is a bug with Remix I think.

Anyway, if anyone wants to have a play with the EP121 with a full version of Android then REMIX OS is excellent!

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

How is the stylus support? Any special drivers you needed to install?

3. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't tried the stylus.

If I get some spare time I'll take some screen shots etc....
    As for drivers nothing is needed. Just the ISO from there site and a search on how to install Google Play and a dual boot it with Windows (if you want to of course)

4. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

Stylus works fine I have just tried it. No need for any fiddling around it just works,

Marty likes this.