New Intel graphics driver update. Incompatible?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by nnthemperor, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Intel driver support site would have it.. also check the post in this thread for the link to hd graphic..

2. Duncken

Duncken Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks.
    updated to 2342,now

much better,but still a little lower than 3.2 out of box

3. Crustmilk

Crustmilk Pen Pal - Newbie

So after finally installing all the Windows updates and getting my pressure to work I have found now my video is very choppy, I am guessing this is due to the MS graphics upgrade? Yet even before then I was experiencing some choppy video.
    So I'm curious, what is the best setup for watching video, settings, drivers, etc.
    Also note, I am trying to watch HD movies from my slates HDD.

I'm sure it's a settings/driver issue but this thread has totally confused confused me (I'm a little slow when it comes to learning)...so if somebody could be so kind as to give me some step by step help to replacing my graphics driver from the MS to the other one and how to set it up so I can play flawless video has advertised I would be so grateful as this is causing me a lot of stress.
    Thanks for your patience again.:)

Should this be a new thread? sorry if I made a mistake.

4. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. kimbosliced

kimbosliced Pen Pal - Newbie

6. YetAnotherDave

YetAnotherDave Pen Pal - Newbie

Installed without a hitch. Maybe I missed this before, but is that a new auto-brightness control feature in the Intel control Center app??

UPDATE: Hmm, Desktop performance dropped again, from 3.1 to 3.0? I'm not liking this trend...

7. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

I wouldn't put too much stock in the reliability of WEI scores. You can run that test back to back and get different results sometimes. Do real world tests or proper benchmarks like Cinebench or 3DMark if you want to test the performance of graphics.

8. Grimspoon

Grimspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

TheOnlyKingArthur is right, WEI can also drop as newer / better hardware is released.

WEI is a tool MS uses to promote hardware sales and has little value beyond a reference point against the current fastest hardware available on the market. Not really useful as an actual performance benchmark.

9. wicked1

wicked1 Scribbler - Standard Member

(except MS doesn't manufacture hardware, so umm.. maybe not)

But, like everyone else says it's not a proper benchmark, and is just there to give you an idea of how your system should perform compared to other peoples.
    (so if you're wondering why someone else can play a game or run an app you can't, MS can have you look there and compare system stats and say see, there's your problem..)

10. Grimspoon

Grimspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

MS doesn't produce hardware but it's in their best interest to promote the sales of hardware, especially with their OEM partnerships which includes Windows with system builds.

(So umm.. maybe so.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.