New HP TX2500 BIOS out - F.08

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by msintle, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Bams

Bams Bunnie's Baby

After reading this thread, and chatting with an HP tech (how useless that was), and my brother (a useful tech), here's what I did.

I installed the new BIOS. Then shutdown my notebook. Removed the battery and AC power and held the power switch in the on position for 15 seconds (give or take) to clear it. I then reinserted the battery and plugged in the AC, booted into the BIOS, loaded the defaults, reconfigured the options (of which there are pitifully few), and everything has been running well since.

I have a cooler machine and the fan on mine runs all the time, but there is almost no noise except under extreme conditions (i.e. gaming).

2. paskyhawk

paskyhawk Pen Pal - Newbie

Or you could have just read my post :)

3. kristhagreat

kristhagreat Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know about you guys but it fixed things on my laptop not even listed as fixes!

4. tedmozer

tedmozer Pen Pal - Newbie

OK. That's nice. How about a list of what you feel was "fixed" please.

5. Notos

Notos Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, this method helps, but not for a long time :(
    It hangs.
    I have a new tx, fresh install from hp recovery partition, and it hangs sometimes with no reason. Tx locks and on the screen i have jam: small horizontal stripes.
    And of course i have webcam issue :(
    Webcam can hang every program which is using it- messenger, youcam quickplay...
    Chat helper operator didn't help resolve this problems.
    Hm,...

6. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you download the F08 bios update from the HP website ? and installed it on your new TX ? If not, maybe you should do the following.
    After updating the bios it is advised to use the 'reset' methode as described earlier on this thread. This means you start the laptop, press F10 to open the bios screen, set all to default, save and do a shutdown as soon as you get the Vista login screen. Next remove the battery for app 15-20 seconds and 'press' the on/off button for 15 seconds.
    Install the battery and start the laptop. This should improve the performance.
    If you still have problems as described by you it would be good to check if one of the drivers isn't giving you a problem iso the bios.:confused:

I have no experience with the mentioned webcam problem but did read another thread on this forum.

7. Arik

Arik Pen Pal - Newbie

has anyone who has upgraded to the new BIOS thought to re-enable band "a" and test the speakers to see if they still have popping issues? I just thought about it, and being at work, I am not able to test this and see if the new bios fixed the popping. I am not expecting it to, as its not one of its documented fixes,...
    on that same note... does anyone know if HP even acknowledges these laptops have sound problems? I plan on using band "a" in the near future, and really would like this fixed.

8. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, and it's a no-go. I had some problems with the internet over the weekend (not the TX's fault) and I thought to turn the A band back on to see if it would stop my 'net problems for some bizarre reason. The new BIOS doesn't help the sound distortion at all.

(Wouldn't that be more of a wireless card driver issue anyway?)

9. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

your sound problems, are always there or just in economize mode?

my computer sounds really bad in that plan, but it has no problems with the others (still, not a great sound)

10. Arik

Arik Pen Pal - Newbie

That depends on what the problem is... I am really hoping its not a hardware issue, where one or the other is conflicting with the other...
    I think its just inference from one device to the other, or both?
    As it stands it 'looks' like, and very well could be that the sound card or speakers just do not play well with the 5GHZ spectrum, and should be better shielded, but I am really not sure... As it could just be the drivers don't play well.
    If I had a 802.11a router, I would test the speed with my audio driver enabled/disabled and with a movie/mp3 playing and see if anything changes with my connection. But that wouldn't necessarily tell you what the problem is (hardware or software), but could; and at least give you a really good clue on where to start looking.
    I am leaning towards the wireless band 'a' causing the issues right now even though I haven't been able to properly test, so I am guessing when I say... Generally you think of the APs sending out beacons, saying "I am here, who wants to connect?".. But clients also do send out the same sort of messages saying "are you there? I want to connect!". After your laptop connects to an AP, it always sends out messages saying "are you there <ssid>? I want to connect to you", and it waits for it to respond. With nice wireless scanning software, you can actually see laptops broadcast these beacons, and see every APs ssid its ever connected too. Also how you find the APs ssid, if its not broadcasting it.. well what I am getting at, is, as a guess, every time the laptop sends out the beacon, it may mess with the Sound. If it does it could many things, from as dumb as the power not being able to handle 5GHZ and sound at the same time, or driver. I don't know but thats why I want to test,.. just don't have an AP with band 'a'.. If any one can test this please let me know! I would like to know what they find.
    oh well sorry for this, I know that belongs in another thread and probably should be moved/copied there...