New HP TX2500 BIOS out - F.08

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by msintle, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Modnar

Modnar Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes it did thank you very much!

2. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a similar problem. After upgrading the BIOS from F06 to F08 the laptop started to make a lot of fan noise once per minute. The noise is rather load and independent of the power-save or high-performance profile. I downgraded the bios again to verion F.05 (F.06 is not available on the HP website...) but the problem remained the same.
    Looking into the BIOS (F10 during starting up procedure) I noticed the option to havbe the fan on always. I tried this setting. Now I'm happy :D
    The fan is always on but even in hte high-performance mode it produces only a very soft noise. This is les aanoying then the previous setting in which it switched between very quiet and very loud.
    Anybody having a noise problem should really try the 'always-on' setting in the bios, this helps !:p

3. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

that's very true. now you have discovered the secret, you could go back to the F08 and put the fan always on too, it will have the same effect

4. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

For the sake of completeness,

OEPS, I forgot to mention, I did already re-install verion F.08.
    It works fine ! and is quite silent ! :D

5. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

F.08 works very well for me. My computer does seem to bit more silent and cool.

6. Notos

Notos Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi and hallo to everyone :)
    I have problem with keyboard, too:
    Keyboard locks sometimes and drivers or whole system reinstallation from HP recovery partition doesn't solve this problem. It always happens with 8cell battery on board.
    But I've discovered: It can be cured by... battery removing for few seconds.
    After that everything works ok.. till next time :(
    Well, time and calendar is corrupted (no coinlike battery inside?)
    Is Yours keyboard problem related to 8cell battery, too?
    N.
    Sorry for my poor English

7. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem but as stated before in this thread do I see two solutions :
    1. continue working in tablet mode and close Vista session properly. After restarting the laptop it seemed to be ok
    2. remove the battery (I have 6 cell version) wait a couple of seconds and restart the laptop. This will do a reset of your system. I don't think the problem is related to the battery (size) at all.

As stated earlier in this thread it seems to be a problem that when working in slanted mode (tablet mode) and hibernating the system this problem can occur when you restart the system in laptop mode.:confused:

I guess a final solution would need an update of the BIOS or HP drivers.:(

8. paskyhawk

paskyhawk Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same problem, when I called HP they said it was a power regulation issue and to unplug it, take the battery out and push the power switch. Then he had me reload the default bios and save. I have not had the problem again for 5 days now.

Rich

9. freewilly

freewilly Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had the new BIOS installed for a few days now and.. no problems whatsoever. One thing I've noticed is that the fan isn't kicking on nearly as often. Now, if I can just get that lousy Ubuntu (Intrepid Ibex) to work properly as a WUBI installation, I'd be happy. ...Willy.

10. Notos

Notos Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks for advice :)
    I will try this.
    I think, its only happens when Vista is closed with tx in tablet mode.
    I will do my research :)