New HP TX2500 BIOS out - F.08

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by msintle, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Undervolting wont hurt performance, it just decreases the amount of power going to the cpu. However, from what I can tell the cpu is still running at the same Core VID's as before and according to what is specified in the AMD power spec sheet.

I dont know how you guys are getting lower temps but from what I can see there is no change in the temps or the fan behavior.

2. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with miner in that there doesn't seem to be any improvement in temperatures - actually mine is hotter today but that's just the weather...

However, the fan behaviour has definitely changed for me with BIOS setting "fan always on" disabled - there is a noticeable absence of 'roar' and no other noise apart from the hard drive when the temperature dips below about 60 degrees C.

3. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm..you are right. The fan now seems to turn on around 60 - 65C and turns off at 60C previously it used to run around 50 - 55C. No change in fan behavior if it is set to run always however.

4. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

I have the ZM-80 2.1ghz CPU. There is definitely a drop in temps. I'd say the average is 4 Deg C. I'm going to run wprime to see if top end is reduced also. But for regular tasks, the drop is 4 Deg c avg.

5. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

guys i dont know if its just the rm-70 but the new bios really does lower temperature readings. check out my everest temps. core 1 and 2 are at 39c after 15 minute usage. never seen it that low , usally drops to 45c as the lowest. check out the screenshot.

if you guys ever flash a overclock friendly desktop motherboard, youd know they recommended loading the bios default setting after a flash. which is what i did.

Attached Files:

• temp.jpg
      temp.jpg
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
  6. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting... miner has the ZM-86 and I have the ZM-82, both of which are rated with a TDP of 35W. While 2.0 and there148, who have noticed drops in cpu temperature, have cpus with TDPs of 31-32W.

7. komugi

komugi Pen Pal - Newbie

ZM-84 here, My temps are around 39~43 idle, full load/games kicks it to about 70ish.

Attached Files:

8. vikingmonkey

vikingmonkey Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an RM-70 and I don't know if its just me but it seems to be running much better. Do you know if this will allow the tx to run with different linux distributions like Ubuntu now more problem free? Also, this might have just gotten rid of that horrid hard drive click, but its to soon to tell. :D

9. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

70ish with games? mine goes to the 90ish... maybe am i doing something wrong?
    i havent modified anything, just the bios update, do you recomend me some tip?

10. bilgia

bilgia Pen Pal - Newbie

wow less heat? thas greaT!
    does it improve boot time by any chance?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.