New HP TX2500 BIOS out - F.08

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by msintle, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

BIOS F.08:

Enhancements: Improves the security of pre-boot authentication (BIOS-based) passwords by clearing data from volatile memory.
    Improves compatibility with some hard drives.
    Implements the fix from the AMD bulletin that addresses lock-up issues that may occur during the reboot process.

LINK to TX2500Z CTO: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2100&product=3744020

Link for your specific preconfigured model (select your model, then navigate to software and driver downloads, then scroll down to BIOS):

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look...nt=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-001&h_query=tx2500

2. tedmozer

tedmozer Pen Pal - Newbie

Will the HP Update program pick this up?

3. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

It should but I have found HP update software isnt really quick on picking up these updates, so usually install them myself.

Also, it looks like HP finally posted an update to Digital persona software to support Firefox 3.0, so for those who use the fingerprint reader with their web browsers, it is good news.

4. 2.0™

I think HP might have undervolted the CPU. The system runs a few degrees (3-4 deg C) cooler after the BIOS update.

Will do more tests.

5. tedmozer

tedmozer Pen Pal - Newbie

HP Updates did not pick it up. Just downloaded and am completing the bios flash as I type......

6. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

hmm, for mine, I have 'fan always on' disabled
    It doesn't seem to go into a low-speed fan mode after the BIOS F.08 update. Now it seems to make a transition at about 60 degrees C from off to medium, whereas before it would be spinning at a low speed from about 45 to 60 degrees C.

2.0, do you have 'fan always on' enabled?

7. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

i can confirm theres a significant temperature decrease with this new bios. on average, id say theres a good 6-10 degree drop. i use to get 84c now its around 76. awesome. guess i can fully use this laptop now. always had the power scheme at 49% so the cpu doesnt go to 2ghz. finally hp did something outstanding for its customers.

8. 2.0™

Yes I have fan set to always on. This BIOS update definitely cooled things down. Lovely!

9. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if this a fix for the GPU problem of overheating. If this is the case then lowering the CPU to do so defeats it's stated speed. I've seen other laptop models with new BIOS updates, and that goes for desktops too with nVIDIA GPUs

10. Draconis_Torvus

Draconis_Torvus Pen Pal - Newbie

I think you may be right. There is a noticeable decrease in performance on my tv tuner, and I think updating the bios might be the cause. I'm reverting back to the older one to confirm, but if anyone who benchmarked with F.05 could compare their values with F.08 I think that may shed some better insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.