New HP Slate Video

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by heatlesssun, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Yup, the specs state it has an active digitizer. There does not appear to be a silo for a pen, but a pen, whether shipped with it or bought as an accessory, will work.

I am hoping it is WACOM so my spare pens for my 2730P or LS800 already work ;)

Dan

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where did you see the specs? Thanks!

3. dceggert

Actually, now that I am re-reading all the hype spots the type of screen is not known other than "pen capable." With 8 different models coming of the Win 7 version (Slate 500) it is probably too much to ask for an active version.

I guess my Motion LS800 with Win 7 will just need to stretch a bit longer...actually that is unfair, the machine is performing very well! So, between my LS800 and my HP 2730P, I already have Windows 7 tablets, and one is a slate!

Dan

4. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

if it has a pen, then I also strongly consider buying one, it's just so tempting having a useful portable slate.
    I have a high end Android phone, and it's great, for playing games, calendar, web, mail, talk ;). But I wouldn't want that Android 2.2 on a tablet, nor WebOS, iOS or even MeeGo, it's just so limited, because I want Windows programs on a device with such a large display, software like Office, PDF Revu, and other stuff. And such a slate with full Windows on it, oh, a dream comes true.
    I hope the processor isn't too bad, so it stays usable.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It clearly has a pen. There is a second video with an unboxing. The pen is included. Anyone who has had an HP Wacom tablet, could you look and see what kind of pen it is.

HP Slate prototype gets yet another guided tour, this time with HDMI-equipped dock (video) -- Engadget

Z-540 1.8ghz Atom processor (OC'able?) w/GMA 500 IGPU and Broadcom Vid Acc. 8.9" WSVGA display, 2GB DDR2 Ram, Broadcom 802.11 b/g/n, 60GB storage (SSD?) and 2 Cell Li Pol battery. No question that this is my next computer and my first tablet. When can I get it HP? Looks like it is in final pre-production phase.

Bronsky:cool:

6. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

+1. It won't be my first tablet by a long shot but it will be my next. Gosh this guy doesn't know what he's doing, he just ignored the pen and the pen is the thing that appeals to people most likely to buy this machine.

But this has to cost more than $600, it is the enterprise version so I do expect it to cost more but even at $700 or $800 it'll sell like hot cakes I think.

I asked him more than once to demo the pen, hopefully that'll be in his next video.

7. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

The videos are gone. I wonder if HP made him take them down. Either that or he got tired of all the bickering on the thread lol.

8. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

The kid looks (and sounds) to be about 16 years old. My guess is he just got his dad fired, or at least in some really hot water.

9. dceggert

10. alan sh

alan sh Scribbler - Standard Member

Video removed. Anyone got a copy?