New HP Slate Video

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by heatlesssun, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

I saw this, I was just asking him about the pen as I saw you were. I also asked him how good the screen is. I'm hoping since HP had said they were moving this slate to sell on the business side, that means it will have nice screen options.

I really like the iPad form factor. The HP Slate is a bit smaller at 8.9'' but thats even better.

3. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

it doesn't seem to have a pen silo, so I doubt that it has a pen, thus pretty useless, especially if you consider that this device is running Win 7, which get's really hard to use with a capacitive touchscreen (just as the guy in the video has some troubles hitting the right spot)

Else, it looks great, a bit too few connectors, especially the lack of a VGA connector is a pity. Maybe you can use an adapter, still, a native connector is better. Because of this I also doubt that it's focused for business.

4. Synergi

HP said it has a digitizer, and the guy on the site (if its not a fake) said it had a pen also. No one has confirmed if its Wacom or N-Trig. They said it going to Enterprise, so I hope that means it will be sold on the business website. Not sure why it doesn't have a silo other then them wanting to make it thin as possible. They can always make a nice case I guess to fit the pen in.

5. heatlesssun

My W100 screens are smaller than this and I don't have trouble navigating quickly and accurately under common scenarios plus he left that screen cover on, isn't that packaging material and not a screen protector though it does seem to work?

6. Synergi

It looked like packaging material. The Apple Fanboys on that thread are running rabid. What a thread full of idiots. The way they talk, HP is slapping a Windows OS on a tablet for the first time. They've been around long before the iPad came out. And HP had a slate on the market first. Its to bad they didn't keep improving upon the TC1100 design. Now that was a tablet.

7. TM2user

TM2user Pen Pal - Newbie

Why O Why couldnt this guy just do the video without the cover that came with the slate i mean it would have made a hugh difference. At this point I'm just guessing but i think this slate is just a smaller hp tm2 w/o the keyboard so it should be pretty pretty pretty NICEEE

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This is my next computer if it really comes with a digitized pen. It is perfect for my needs. How long do you think it will take HP to have these for sale? Months? Weeks? Q1?

Bronsky:cool:

9. Synergi

Well HP did at one point say they would be out before the end of the year. Being that it should have a decent screen. The guy said it has a pen, since its a capacitive touch scree, then its probably N-Trig or Wacom. I'm hoping Wacom since thats what HP has been using lately.

Its to bad everyone is trying to clone the iPad. Android, WebOs, etc. Can I just have Windows and real programs, thank you. lol.

Truthfully its taken so long for a good Windows Tablet to come out that you might as well wait to see what CES 2011 has in January.

10. heatlesssun

Hold the presses, this thing has a digital pen???????:eek: Is it possible that it's just capacitive with palm rejection? If it's decent palm rejection that could still be pretty cool.

If that's the case this thing will be a HUGE seller. I scanned the comments and I saw your questions about the pen but I didn't see any answers.