New HP Aero- super lightweight laptop

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by desertlap, Jun 29, 2021.

1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

We got a quick look at one of these yesterday and will be formally testing one when they are available.

Initial impression is that they feel almost "too light to be a real computer" in combo with a seemingly high quality display.

What should worry Intel at least a little bit is that they are leading this line with Ryzen instead of say Intel Core Y.

I think they will sell a lot of these, assuming they can get enough chips for them.

The Pavilion Aero 13 is HP’s lightest consumer laptop ever - The Verge

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Looks pretty nice. 16:10 apparently. The Verge calls it the Aero OLED at the end of their article, but I'm thinking that might be a mistake. No yoga mode and no inking support though right? So not exactly a tablet PC.

upload_2021-6-29_7-54-55.png

3. desertlap

We think it is either standard LCD or possibly QLED, but the rep herself wasn't sure.

That same rep did say it supported Windows Ink, though like I said we got a very brief look so we didn't get to try much (it was apparently not "finished" hardware)

I intend to find out though as we have multiple "HP Shop" customers that would be interested.

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. JoeS

That'd be interesting, although not easy to use without a yoga hinge. Most impressive thing, this laptop starts at $749! :eek:

5. desertlap

Yeah I think HP is targeting the same user demographic that MS is with the Surface Laptop Go. Which we hear is selling strongest in k12 education in the US.

6. JoeS

Makes sense. I just bought a Laptop Go i5/8/128 brand new sealed for about $500 off eBay, not sure if it fell off a truck or what, but it's a nice laptop. Biggest negatives are the lack of keyboard backlight and how stupidly hard it is to open the dang thing. A notch along the front edge would have been really nice to have.

desertlap likes this.
  7. desertlap

I thought it was just my fat fingers :D

8. JoeS

Haha, glad I'm not the only one. I actually searched all over the internet looking for fellow sufferers, but oddly nobody else seems to complain about this. Oh well, once it's open it's a nice machine.

9. JoeS

desertlap likes this.