(New Here &...) Best Screen Protector For T904?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by KLAW, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLAW

KLAW Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey how's everyone doing?
    My name is Kris, Nice to meet you all & I'm glad to be part of this very helpful forum.

Let me start off by saying this is my first post here, and I havnt even received my 2-n-1 tablet yet. However fujitsu says it shipped today! (shipping on the 10th from Japan all the way to Very Far Nor Cal by the 12th sound possible from them? Because the lady said that it ships from Japan Weds the 10th & will get to me Friday...so you think she meant the 12th? or 18th sound like what she actually meant to you guys? And Their Shipping Tracker Has No Locations or Estimated Arrival Date Listed!!)

But yeah...

Model:
    Fujitsu T904

Options Chosen:
    -Intel Core V-Pro -i7 4600U 2.9Ghz(2.2-3.3Ghz max?), 4MB
    -Win 8.1 Pro 64bit
    -8GB RAM
    -256GB SSD w/Opal TCG

Options Not Chosen:
    -No 3G/4G LTE :^(
    -No Replicator Dock :^(

Insurance:
    -1Yr Standard Free Plan
    -1Yr Add-On Screen Protection Plan(Hopefully!)...Axcidentally ordered without & tried to add it in after ordering & yet before having been shipped... They said they put a note on my order/file and I have to wait until it comes and call with the serial# once I recieve it within 2-3days & they will add it on for me.

Ok, so I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible after my long introduction of myself. I realized after the fact that this being my first Pen-able touch screen and my planing on using that function quite a bit (not to mention the very high price tag...even with the 8% off promo code) that I needed to add in the screen protection for up to 2x per yr replacement plan (could only afford 1yr) and purchase a set of a couple screen protectors to prevent scratches.

Question #1:
    I think I'm pretty much decided on a Photodon brand screen protector (unless someone out there has had better experiences with another brand, that has also used a comparable Photodon version & still likes the other better). So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the different types (w/ or w/o glare reduction?...if so %? Or any other options) that will give me the most comparable to unimpeded screen/stylus experience? Other people's experiences with other brands is very much appreciated also.

Question #2:
    The best stylus/pen for most varied drawing sensitivity or full pressure range for super thin/light lines to full thickness/dark lines...oh and of course the whole eraser thing would be nice if possible. :^) Still trying to find people that have used multiple ones specifically on the T904...Saw the Samsung S-pen works good on many tablet screens (including the cintiq12xw(or 12?) that I believe is supposed to have nearly the same screen if I remember right as my T904)

Well that's enough for now, once I get my new Laptop here soon I'm sure I will have more. £:^)> Any suggestions of preloaded software to dump or anything to load or any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I have zero Win8 experience too £:^o> Thanks Everyone For Any Help!! So Glad To Be Here!!

~KLAW

ATIVQ likes this.
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Hi Kris, great post.

I can't answer your questions but I can give you a couple of tips.
    • I've gone six months without a screen protector and there are no visible scratches on the display, I'm using a Feel pen with a soft nib and I clean the display regularly with the microfiber cloth, it looks brand new.
    • If you update your BIOS, follow the directions carefully. At least three people here had to send their T904 for repair after a failed BIOS update.
    • Uninstall the Fujitsu Display Manager, Power Saving Utility, Plugfree Network, and Shock Sensor Utility, they interfere with the default Windows drivers and utilities, and Windows works better without them.

3. KLAW

KLAW Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you very much for your reply ATIVQ.

* So I take it you like your Feel pen better then the stock one,right? Is that due to ergonomics or functionality?

* So is updating my BIOS suggested? If so, right away? Unfortunately I'm on my iPhone right now & am attempting to use Tapatalk to view things and am having issues pulling up your link, so until I get time later to try Safari or Chrome I am not able to read it. So I've seen write ups on here about having BIOS issues (in relation to the fingerprint reader) now are these issues just due to the fingerprint reader? Because my computer experience is very lacking in its up to date new technology changes(I used to do computer repair back in the beginning of XP days, but due to pre stomach cancer metaplasia issues...I had to stop buying and using anything newer...was going to order my T904 with Win7 because 8 looks absolutely horrid to me, but was worried about it impeding my touch capabilities) So I'm a little familiar with BIOS basically telling my computer that its actually a computer and not some other type electronic, but am just wondering if the updates mentioned are just general BIOS updates or if only for the FP reader? And can be done separate? Feel free to give me some time to read your link if this is talked about...sorry for just jumping into things if it is. I was excited to see a response to my post. :^)>

* As for the stock software to dump... Is there anything I should do in any of them before dumping them? Or can everything done in them be done elsewhere? The Shock Sensor Utility being gone entirely kind of worries me because it would be nice to know if I might of damaged something in a fall if that's indeed what its for. All my in depth computer building back 12-15yrs ago was on desktops, so have no experience with drop shock software and hardware (assuming that's what we are talking about here :^)...seriously consider me a total newb)

Well Thank You So Much For All The Help!! And hopefully i don't sound utterly lost. £:^)>

~KLAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  4. KLAW

KLAW Pen Pal - Newbie

Just Had To Update, IT JUST CAME!!! One Day Ship!! (Lady was wrong though, not from Japan...says from Memphis, TN. But still 24HRs? WoW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The Feel pen is more ergonomic, but the functionality is the same as the stock pen, you can look at the pen list for a general idea of what's available. Those four Fujitsu applications provide functionality that is already present in Windows (like shock sensing), so it's better to uninstall them. The other preinstalled Fujitsu apps are okay. The BIOS updates fix a few different issues, if your T904 BIOS is already at version 1.08 or later, you probably don't need to update any further unless you encounter the issues that the updates address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.