New Gateway M285 Tablet Convertible

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Djarvis, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djarvis

Djarvis Pen Pal - Newbie

It's here, on-time, and with it's Core Duo and ATI Mobility 1400 chip, faster than blue bloody blazes. Everything works right out of the box. Incredible how good the handwriting recognition is. Bottom line - a great buy!

It's also very late at night here as I've been loading it with software and work stuff, so more review of it later.....

David Jarvis

2. urchimpy

urchimpy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello David,

I am very interested in finding out your first hand experience with this laptop. I have been looking for a tablet pc for a long time and my eyes have been set on m285 from the day it was released. But since there are so many mixed reviews with gateway, could you please help me out in deciding to invest in this tablet pc?

thanks,

urchimpy

3. woper55

woper55 Pen Pal - Newbie

David,

I'm very excited to hear what you have to say about this laptop. I've heard some things about how gateway's "continious sensing technology" does not do a great job at picking up handwriting. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks, woper

4. sdsviet

sdsviet Pen Pal - Newbie

i got a question about the bluetooth. did u get that and if so is it built in/?

5. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you run 3D Mark on it for us?

6. Blazejowski

Blazejowski Pen Pal - Newbie

I've also ordered the M285E... fully loaded... and am excited to see it's capabilities. I'll also post a review and pics as soon as it is shipped. I owned the M275 and was very happy with the product, although Gateway Customer Service has a lot to be desired. The laptop should ship sometime this week. I am also curious about the "continuous sensing technology" and frustrated that my Cross Penabled Executive Pen is now useless with this new technology... although I have read where there are some alternative pens in the making for this tablet.

The Bluetooth Wireless Networking Module is an add-on [ +US$50.00]

Keep you updated,
    Dave

7. Blazejowski

My unit shipped today... will arrive on Tuesday! I am totally jazzed.

8. Mike_Check

Mike_Check Pen Pal - Newbie

when you get it can you please please PLEASE take some photos of the GPU? It would be a massive favour to me. Also would you be able to run 3D Mark 05 on it?

Thanks a bunch

Mike Check

9. woper55

woper55 Pen Pal - Newbie

David,

You're killing us! Is it just too sweet to stop playing with and you can't write a review?! Just post us something preliminary so that we can know you are still working on a review!

Please!, Matt

10. Blazejowski

Just checked and my unit will arrive on Thursday morning. I will take pictures (as well as the GPU as long as it is fairly easy to access... which it should be) and write a review. I think the other David HAS lost himself into what I have heard is one wicked machine. I'm hoping mine lives up to the hype.

Later,
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.