NEW Fujitsu T4210 Convertible Tablet PC with Core Duo! (pics, specs) Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by -, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneloton

oneloton Pen Pal - Newbie

For Okashira and Sims;

The special project exception means that you have to be a corporation. They can sell the higher resolution monitor to you but not from the direct sales departement. I have a gateway CX200X right now and I hate the pixel quality associated with the 1280X768 which is equivalent to the 1080X768 on the Fujitsu XGA. It is NOT great when you can actually see the pixels like at this resolution. As for those wondering about whether or not the type might be too small in SXGA+, you can always change the DPI and font settings. Overall the higher resolution is a pretty big deal unless you buy a laptop every year because once you're at that resolution you're stuck with it for better or worse.

I'm holding out for the Fujitsu. Anyone have any inside info on when that's coming out? I tried calling the sales dept and read them what I found on this website about the 'special arrangements' and I told them I wanted to make these special arrangements. They gave me a number to a corporate sales manager who hasn't called me back. Bummer, the Toshiba is just too big....especially with that extra battery which I would use.

Fujitsu got EVERYTHING right.....except the damn monitor.

2. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

I am in complete agreement... SXGA would have made this the only choice for a 12" convertible, imo.

3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

agreed. if this laptop had SXGA+ i would have bought it already. now instead i am waiting for either the sxga+ screen to come out or hoping that the ASUS manned up and put in the high res screen as an option.

13.3 widescreen WSXGA would be awesome! and the asus has a modular battery bay. if it has dedicated graphics as an option then its mine mine mine.

4. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Sweet Fancy Moses, you read my mind!!!

Until deciding once and for all that I need (ok, want) a tablet, I was thoroughly in love with the new Dell XPS 1210... in fact, I still am in love with it. 12.1", Core Duo, Go 7400 turbo-cache, 1.3mp rotating webcam, fully-loaded in a sweet little package.

Why oh why can't they just slap a hinge and a digitizer on it?

5. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

truth. while dell usually has top of the line components and options in their systems, their build quality leaves something to be desired.

dell = get the 3 year accidental protection complete care package or you will regret it

ive already milked my complete care for the last 4 years hehehe. haven't had to pay a cent to get my laptop repaired, like 15 times at least. not software repairs, hardware breaking and the like! totally worth the 415 dollars that it cost!

6. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where exactly are you ordering this from... US? UK? elsewhere?

7. oneloton

oneloton Pen Pal - Newbie

U.S. Stilll haven't gotten a call back......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.