NEW Fujitsu T4210 Convertible Tablet PC with Core Duo! (pics, specs) Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by -, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

Can any informed person comment on the firewire issue or does nobody care that they dropped it, or if i'm imagining things?
    Clearly the T4000 series used to have firewire and now from what i can tell with the specs and the images, they dropped it.
    Not to be annoying, but it is a big deal when instead of progress, the new generation regresses.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can see what you mean about the Firewire interface not being mentioned....

What confuses me though is if you look at the back diagram, you will notice there is a large cover plate for the external VGA interface.
    Now I'm hypothesizing but that cover is way too big for the single VGA interface.
    On my P7010 I have the exact same cover and underneath is not just the VGA interface but also an S-Video and in between the two, Firewire.

It's strange that not only Firewire but S-Video is listed as missing and yet the cover would indicate more than the single connection port.

It wouldn't be the first time specs have been wrong so unless someone makes a post in the next few days, if you want I'll have a talk with FSC UK and see what they have to say about it.

3. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

I've checked some pics of the older generation T4010 and the VGA cover was just as big and what was under it was really only the VGA interface. So it seems like it really is missing.

They did flip around some of the connections though, like moving the power from the back to the side, and the air-vent moved further front to where the firewire used to be. What intrigues me are two two anti-theft slot on the same side. What would be the point of that? Maybe one if it is the firewire, hopefully.

4. megaman1x

megaman1x Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know when the T4210 will be released in Canada? I called Fujitsu, the guy seemed quite clueless. He said "it shouldn't be long".

Anyone know any other more definite info?

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I was just skimming over parts of the manual, and for many of you wondering if there will be a SXGA+ resolution option for the Fujitsu T4210, lo and behold, if you go look at the Fujitsu Lifebook T4210 Manual and go to Page 85 (of the PDF; it's page 77 by the manual); you will see the attached below.

EDIT:

Always have to read the small print:

Perhaps that means in order to receive a unit with the SXGA+ display, you need to call Fujitsu Sales?

Attached Files:

6. okashira

okashira Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone know what 'project-based' means here?

7. P8RSON

I also interpret this the same value as what SimsHsia believes it to be.

Although why retailers could not have these in stock is perplexing!

8. {NOC}MONK

{NOC}MONK Pen Pal - Newbie

Not trying to hijack the thread (sorry if I do)

GREGMESSAGES,

Since you seem to have a great deal of experiance with fujitsus at work could you please comment on how you find the writing surface of the 12.1 screens in the "portrait" instead of landscape view. Also how does the portability of these 4.5 lb ~ish stand up (meaning is it fairly easy to walk with them and use them like a clipbopard.

Much appreciated
    -MONK

9. P8RSON

Hi MONK,
    At present I don't own a 12.1" FS Tablet (although very soon to change) but amongst some, I have tried and used the T4010.
    I do however own other FS laptops and the 8.9" FS P1510.

I also liaise with FSC (albeit that is on another board and not here).

What I can pass on to you from your questions would be;
    1. Using the writing surface in Portait mode against Standard Landscape ~ to be honest, I can't say I find any difference.
    Once you orientate the screen, the OS takes all matters into hand and regenerates information, be it from you or the OS.
    2. Portability of these 4.5lb as a writing/clipboard.
    Well, to be truthful, even at 4.5lb (ish), I wouldn't like to hold one under my arm for a good while.
    Don't get me wrong, they're okay to use in this fashion for brief periods of say 10 minutes or so and you can hold them comfortable under the arm as you walk around ready to write your next piece...... but.. don't forget MONK, these are not Slates.
    Yes they are light in what is seen as the combined tablet/laptop but still not a measure for a true Slate for portability.

The only combined tablet/keyboard I feel very happy to walk around all day and use as a clipboard would be the P1510 but at only 8.9", would it be your 'cup-of-tea'.

Hope this helps but please come back if you need further.
    I'm sure we can word it so that your questions stay within the confines of this thread :)

10. mjurotich

mjurotich Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have experience with the indoor outdoor display? Is it really sunlight readable? Every spec I have seen on the T4210 says I want one but cannot get a "read" on sunlight readable.

Thanks