NEW Fujitsu T4210 Convertible Tablet PC with Core Duo! (pics, specs) Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by -, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEP

SEP Pen Pal - Newbie

I have an M400 on order but am very worried about the weight (I will carry it around alot during the day). Someone mentioned this model will be lighter. Any idea how much lighter?

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually when you use the standard weight of these two tablets, there is little difference in weight.
    The Tosh M400 is 2.038 kg whilst the FS T4210 is 2.000 kg.
    It's not until you start to add additional items such as a second battery when you notice the M400 is significantly the heavy choice.

3. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

4. P8RSON

5. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

As in the T4000 used to have firewire, and now they don't.

6. okashira

okashira Scribbler - Standard Member

toshiba says 4.5 lb for the m400, fujitsu says 4.3 lbs for the t4210

that's all i can find

7. P8RSON

The batteries in the Tosh are heavier than the ones in the Fujitsu Siemens.

8. Ace Bullet

Ace Bullet Pen Pal - Newbie

A question about displays:

Besides resolution, is there a difference between this Fujitsu's 1024x768 XGA display and the 1400x1050 SXGA+ display on the Toshiba M400? I've seen a Fujitsu display in person (on a T4020), and I like the viewing angle but I'd prefer a larger resolution. Are there any significant drawbacks to the Toshiba's SXGA+ display, or is it basically just like Fujitsu's but with a higher resolution?

9. bgstewar

bgstewar Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I don't know if you've seen an SXGA resolution on a 12" screen, but the text is ttttiiiinnnnyyy. I have perfect eyesight and still have to strain my eyes reading on that kind of display. So unless you really REALLY need the extra real estate, the Fujitsu is light years ahead in terms of quality and battery life than the M400.

10. gregmessages

gregmessages Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered the T4210, for the following reasons:

- I have been using a Fujitsu S6110 notebook for 3.25 years, approx. 60 hrs per week, carried from home to office weekdays, and have never had a problem with it, though at this point it is starting to have some hardware issues (not internal; it's stuff like the power jack, the screen hinges getting old, etc.). But given what I would estimate at about 10,000 hours of use, and being plugged and unplugged maybe 2000 times, and having the screen opened and closed maybe 3000 times, I think I should be more than satisfied.
    The one time I botched the security coding (it was my fault), my laptop had to be sent to Fujitsu for warranty repair. It really was my fault, but they took care of it anyway. They did this in one day. You call, get an English-speaking actual technical person in the USA, and they get it done. The day after I shipped it to them I called tek support to see if they were really going to turn it around in one day, and the guy I talked to actually had my actual computer on his desk, having just fixed it. He asked if there were any other issues he should look at, he cleaned it up and sent it back. Try that with the Dells of the world!

- I ordered my T4210 with the outdoor/indoor screen, b/c I like to work outside on a nice day. With the 1GB of ram and the 2.0 core duo, I am thinking this thing will scream right along!

- I can't stand this new flavor-of-the-month widescreen that everyone is going to. It eliminated about 95% of my options. I think that all these computer makers think we all want to sit and watch DVD movies and that's it. For those of us who actually use our computers for work, the loss of vertical screen in Word documents is not acceptable. The T4210 has a good old fashioned 4:3 screen ratio.

- It has the built-in DVD/CD drawer, all for 4.5 pounds.

- Really, I just find Fuj's customer service outstanding, and their machines appear to be very well made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.