New frame issue

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by koss, Oct 21, 2007.

1. krusader

krusader Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had my X61T for exactly one month now, and so far most things have been wonderful. The only issues I've had so far are one dead pixel, and the infamous bezel gap. As a student, neither issue has been worth giving up the computer during classes for any attempt at repair.

Today, however, a more concerning problem showed up. Keeping in mind that I treat my computer better than I would a baby, (padded sleeve, gentle movements, generally never out of my sight, etc) I was extremely concerned by what happened. When I got home from school and went to open the computer, a piece of the frame came detached in my hand. It was a little sliver of the frame, from around the outside of the rubber foot in the top-left corner. As I looked at different angles at the new hole in the frame I noticed the light of the screen and status LEDs shining through a gap along the seam of the left-side.

I ran my finger lightly down this gap, and when I reached the bottom, another piece of frame came detached from the bottom-left corner, again along the edge of the frame. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this before? Anyone have any recommendations? I'd prefer to keep my computer at least until end of term in December if that's possible...

PS- I would post up pictures, but the digital camera's in for repairs to a loose CCD... just my luck! If I can borrow one soon I'll post the pics up.

2. koss

koss Pen Pal - Newbie

Dude.. just get that in for repairs while your warranty is still good!