New Form for "What Tablet Pc Should I Buy" Suggestions

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by Agent 9, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As the title says, basically it is outdated and due to be updated.

2. purplepeopledesign

purplepeopledesign Scribbler - Standard Member

Can we separate out the Tablet PCs from the Android and iOS slates? This way, newbies understand right away the differences in usage and thus the difference in power and responses can be more accurate.

:)ensen.

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

that is one of the goals I have... but the question is, how? also it would be nice if (for those android/ entertainment tablets) that it gives a basic run down of it and sends them off to another [entertainment tablet oriented] website, do you -or anyone else- know of decent ones?

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Well, what's interesting to me is that me don't really get many requests for media tablet usage. Some, yes, but not much. I don't think there's a need to really send them along to a new website right from the get go.What's more important is usage.

My question for the form, and changing it, in this- what's not working? Fix that, and leave the it alone.

5. CLeonard

CLeonard Tablet PC Review Site Admin Super Moderator

I have this on my to do list and hopefully will get through it in the first week or so of 2012.

6. Cads

Cads Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems to me there's enough entertainment slate reporting and forum content on this website to make it about entertainment slates as well as tablet PC's...

The main problem especially lately is that most threads in the buyers info section rehash the same theme of educating OP's about capacitive vs. active pen technology or entertainment slate vs. tablet PC, to the point where it would be sufficient if less polite to copy paste replies from other threads into new ones since little new or specific advice is ever given.

Anyway I think there are basically three categories of posters there. The first comes in saying, I want to watch youtube videos on something larger than my phone! Add some android/iOS tablet advice and you're done. The second comes in saying, I want a mobile photoshop/vertical market/enterprise software device that I can use a pen with! And then you suggest some tablet PCs. Those two are easy; the hard one is when the OP wants a paper replacement of some sort. I think most people here would reflexively suggest a tablet PC, but notetaker HD and penultimate for iOS, as well as active pen support and similar apps for android, prove that there is some mature handwriting functionality on those platforms as well even when the active pen is absent, and that these options represent a valid alternative for users who don't necessarily require something as powerful as onenote or who maybe prefer more mobility. I feel like this perspective is underrepresented here but maybe could come out a bit more if the questionnaire reflected ARM slate shopping preferences. That is, I think the form should reflect this, and try to sift people into these categories or something similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.