New firmware update for the stylus

Discussion in 'Dell' started by funkyGeneral, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashy

crashy Pen Pal - Newbie

I just installed the update, but I don't have my stylus yet. I will day that I think the screen is much more accurately responsive with fingers and capacitive stylus. I wish i could quantify this, but it does feel better (if its not just in my head)

2. crashy

crashy Pen Pal - Newbie

Performance in gmail is significantly better. I used to have to click, double click, triple click sometimes and then fight with the screen because it would select words instead of registering a click. Its not doing that now. This is a win.

3. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you have the double tap issue before the update?

4. crashy

crashy Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like we crossed posts, but yes. See my other post..... that's what you're talking about, right?

5. noxxle

noxxle Scribbler - Standard Member

I am not sure. I'm talking about double or triple entries when you type with the on screen keyboard. Also, inadvertent zooming in IE when scrolling up and down.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  6. crashy

crashy Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok. I turned off tap to zoom the first day i got it. I should turn it back on to aee if its better, but when navigating with my capacitive stylus the zooming was unbearable. I never had any issue with the keyboard

7. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The pen performance is better overall from my brief testing. The tails are still therein OneNote but somewhat better. I was one of the lucky ones that got a good pen and I've had decent results from the pen. I'm inking this note now and it's working very well.

8. funkyGeneral

funkyGeneral Pen Pal - Newbie

tr you are experiencing major trails, I would recommend getting a replacement pen, as it is more likely a hardware fault. I have used 3 pens, and only one was usable, I have a fourth replacement coming Soon hopefully.

If you are lucky enough to have a functional pen the update is great.

9. gammite

gammite Scribbler - Standard Member

I am glad that dell is supporting this tablet well so far. I hope this level of support continues.

10. Modred189

Modred189 Scribbler - Standard Member

Screenshot (2).jpg
    OH MAN. Huge difference. I will upload a picture from One Note before and after. It looks like the pressure sensitivity was adjusted as part of the update.
    Also, it looks like they increased the hover distance, which is a weird side effect.

Why don't we have access to the synaptics driver settings? I can't find a control panel entry or anything.