New driver for ATI Radeon HD 3200 was out July 21st. Did anyone try updating?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Przemek, Sep 9, 2008.

1. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm running CCC 8.8 along with the driver verison 8.522. No issues with Powerplay so far.

2. lvcian

lvcian Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, i was wondering if someone can help me. I just recently purchased this tablet pc and i have tried to install xp on it. It seems that the ATI video drivers for XP is causing it to crash.

At first i slipstreamed all the drivers into an XP CD with SP3 and tried to install it. It kept giving me a blue screen error with a message pertaining to ati2mtag.sys. I researched what ati2mtag.sys was and found that it is a part of the ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics drivers (which should be the correct drivers).

I managed to successfully install XP after I made a new slipstream without the ATI drivers. So my problem is, after the successful install i tried to re-install the drivers. Once again it gave me the ati2mtag.sys blue screen error. The drivers i used after the XP install are directly from the ATI Radeon Website for Windows XP.

Note:
    I can access safe mode but once i try to reboot it gives me the same ati2mtag.sys error.

I relocated my post to this thread as it pertains to the ATI Drivers.

3. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Pen Pal - Newbie

You sure you downloaded the drivers for Windows XP/ IGP/ HD 3200 ? Also maybe try updating the windows and directX fully before installing

4. ChronoReverse

ChronoReverse Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I've updated to 8.8 and it seems that my tablet is still functioning so it's all good =)

5. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

yeah, the update works fine, but for some reason I can't play one of my games, BattleStations Midway, with any of the newer drivers.... don't know if it's a bug in the newer drivers, or just a glitch... but, other stuff seems to work fine with the newer drivers.

6. jsnorman

jsnorman Chicago Lawyer

Has anyone successfully installed the southbridge drivers (for SATA and IDE massive improvements)? I get inf file errors in 8.7 and 8.8 as well (reported to ATI) at least on Windows Ultimate x64 edition. The display drivers install and work great however in 8.8.

7. ChronoReverse

ChronoReverse Pen Pal - Newbie

They seemed to install fine for me.

BTW, the order I did the install was this:
    (1) Graphics driver using Update Driver from Device Manager instead of the installer
    (2) Southbridge using the installer
    (3) CCC using the installer

8. xaueious

xaueious Pen Pal - Newbie

8.8 seemed slower

9. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

I've tried 8.8 right now on my tx2500 under XP. for X reason I lost the Rotate button function ?? but i managed to edit the inf file thanks to darionco's trick, and I got rotation button back after 10 reboots. :)
    I hope these works better and will reduce BSOD's. I think I will separate them from my slipstream folder.

10. Przemek

Przemek Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed 8.8 (using update driver) and nb/sata. Everything works fine, except:
    - it changed my resolution to 1280x800. I changed it back to 1024x768 and my pen/screen is extremely discalibrated, and im not able to calibrate it back. on the right side of the screen point of pen is about 2cm left, on the middle quite ok and on the left side is about 2cm left from pen. During calibrating i cant even click a cross because calibration point is toofar away.
    - when i switch back to 1280x800 calibration works fine.