New Digitizer Pen?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by ssoundwave, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssoundwave

ssoundwave Pen Pal - Newbie

I lost the one that came with it with in a week, (fell out truck door i think) and i am having a verry hard time finding a new one, tried every store in town, goggled the CR*P out of it, and tried the asus web side and tec support and they probably deleted my week old message sent to them, some one help me to a new one please lol (link/number/anything)

2. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure where you can get the original, but this one from Wacom should work. Somebody showed it on youtube using it with their EP121. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in the silo casing like the original. But this one at least has the right click button. Have you tried contacting ASUS directly about obtaining one. They might send it for free?

Amazon.com: Wacom UP712 CLIP PEN F/ PENABLED TABLET PC: Electronics

3. CMMD-Z

CMMD-Z Pen Pal - Newbie

Also keep in mind not any Wacom pen will work! Only those tailored for tablets.

4. ssoundwave

the tec support emailing thing is all i can find and they wont reply back to me, i can find any other way of contacting ASUS directly, thats what more or less i need help on, that pen looks like it might work, might be a nice upgrade if its hover over finder thing works with that pen but still would like the factory pen as well

5. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using the axiotron pen from ebay exclusively with my tablet. I really like the felt tip, it's not as loud and it's got a little more resistence. If you go to ebay and type in axiotron, the two pens come up first. There is the studio and the regular, the regular looks just like the standard, but it comes with the buttons as well. The standard is $10, and the studio is a bit more at $25.

Good luck!

6. ssoundwave

with the factory pen its able to know where the pen is above the screen like a mouse before you touch to click, will these pens work like that as well or is it touch and click only?

7. three_pineapples

three_pineapples Pen Pal - Newbie

they'll work just the same as your old one!

Nationwide surplus have a few axiotron pens for sale that work well.

8. murfmiser

murfmiser Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, if I'm right all the wacom pens are designed that way. I also went to the wacom site and got their tablet PC drivers which allow you to customize the two side buttons as well. I set up mine so the lower button right clicks (immediately) and the top button clicks immediately. What I mean by immediately is that you don't have to tap the screen to activate the click. The drivers also allow you to get photoshop to recognize everything.

But to your original question, YES, everything works just like the "standard" pen.

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

10. Bitterfiction

Bitterfiction Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got one of these from ebay as well. I hadn't realized I would need to download the tablet PC drivers to get the buttons to work properly. Is this the driver you used?

Tablet PC - Software

Also, does running this driver change the calibration tool? I sort of like the standard tool that comes on the slate a bit better than the wacom calibration on my cintiq at work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.