New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Dell' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It's available in Italy too.
    But honestly, at €2500 for the model rivaling the Surface book 2, it's just not worth it.

2. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

WLAN is socketed on the HP Spectre - as well as RAM and SSD :) See this post.

Starlight5 likes this.
  3. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

@stormi thank you. HP sadly has another problem - off-center keyboard with God-awful numpad. )'=

4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

First review και unboxing of new XPS 15 2 in 1 proposal

Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 review in progress
    The Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 takes risks, and most of them pay off

https://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/dell-xps-15-2-in-1-review/

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;P2p1OgOaXc0]

[video=youtube;f9BzJe2W9GE]

[video=youtube;5idqkky9Mpg]

[video=youtube;2uf9F-CWD80]

[video=youtube;abKeJF16cBw]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

The port selection is simultaneously good and frustrating...

Two USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports? Check. Multiple USB ports? Check. USB A ports? ... MicroSD card reader? Check. SD card reader? ... LAN port? ... Dedicated display port (HDMI/DisplayPort)? ...

7. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I remember when I bought the Fujitsu T902 and managed to configure it to max specs barring the HDD and ram bay which I tricked out with my own top specced parts I bought separately and it came to a grand total of $3100-ish after taxes CAD for everything including my own parts. I remember a lot of people on the forums were floored that I payed so much back then.
    Now, looking at this and the new HP Spectre x360 15 and it seems that its significantly more costly to own a machine without compromises! The best version of each device is over $3400 CAD before taxes, and even worse is the new HP ZBook X2 slate which currently runs at $4600 CAD before taxes! :eek: The average prices for high end business class/creative professional machines are getting ridiculous... :mad:
    Wacom MSP is another example of inflated prices.
    Lenovo seems to be the only company offering more reasonable prices on their top end machines, but none of them have stepped up to these specs yet..: (mostly just lacking the dedicated GPUs)
    Acer remains to be seen what they plan on charging for their Switch 7.

Marty likes this.
  8. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hey guys, just wondering what are your thoughts on the Modbook Pro X? I remember Stone, you backed it at the lowest tier, so you've been able to follow the (rather tortured) development of the whole thing.

What's interesting is, not only are they are continually updating the components to match the latest MBPs, but also the latest EMR digitizer boards. This gives us some interesting insights into Wacom's progress on the component supply front to tablet OEMs.

Here are a few diagrams show reduced bezels in the next-gen UD boards:

[​IMG]

If this ever release, I could see this being a serious competitor to the XPS15, SP2, and ZBooks, (with added advantage of appealing to both Mac and Windows artists).

How about it, 15.4" in a nice 16:10 aspect with EMR, would you guys consider ~$3500 US for something like this, or still go for the ZBX2? ;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

hahaha Macbook Pro X is never coming out, don't be fooled. Andreas is a con man, whether he initially had the right intentions or not, he now leads investors down a path of lies to suck as much money up in a fake product as he can. I am 100% certain he is full of it in every bi monthly (at best) update. Its gotten more and more pathetic with each attempt to sound legit. I feel bad for those who spent thousands to be frustrated and tortured for years by that a$$h@t.

10. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

Why is that an issue? ive heard of this before but wondered why...If its soldered or not - its not like the product is user upgradeable.

The weight is pretty low for a convertible i think - It seems like Dell has the lightest convertible available for consumers