New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Dell' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

In that particular video all the line wobble seems to come from the reviewer's own movements.

Azzart likes this.
  2. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

The Dell Latitude 5285 (AES) I owned for a couple of weeks was surprisingly good when it came to jitter (though to be fair I wasn’t particularly looking for it). Compared to ntrig on the nSP with anything but the new surface pen, it seems AES has improved a fair amount. I’d be curious to play around with it for a bit once there are display units available.

testplayer and Azzart like this.
  3. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

Again, only Lisa from MobileTechReview knows what we want to see...

4. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

How does it compared to EMR in terms of hover distance and jitters when hovering?
    If it's comparable to EMR, I would re-consider whether to buy HP Zbook x2 when the 8th gen CPU models are released...

5. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

Not sure I'd be the best person to answer. I pretty much just sketched with it and didn't pay too much attention to whether there was jitter or not. But that being said, when I switched to the nSP, I noticed the jitter right away, so I can at least say that the jitter on the Latitute 5285 was low enough for me not to notice.

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Soldered WLAN is extremely sad, given 802.11ax will soon become a reality, and Bluetooth 5.0 is already here. I basically like everything about this machine except the WLAN part, and weight of course.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  7. Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite Pen Pal - Newbie

Will this new 2in1 2018 model finally be VR compatible with the Vega GPU inside ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  8. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like 8th gen CPUs are now available on the ZBook x2 from checking their site - I dont think EMR and AES are in the same league. Wacom seems to release AES on every mobile product these days. Seems like EMR on ZBook x2 was a more exclusive arrangement - since it seems to geared more at creatives.

9. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

It's up for sale now, starting at $ 1500: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...?dgc=IR&cid=cs-newxps15-416398&lid=B1&ref=hbn

Same goes for the HP Spectre x360 15 with AMD Vega, starting at a similar price: https://store.hp.com/us/en/Configur...Id=&catEntryId=3074457345618723818&quantity=1

The Dell XPS 15 is also available in germany now (starting at 1800 € o_O)* but not the HP x360 with AMD Vega (as of this writing).
    *Edit: In germany the XPS always includes the 4k display which somehow explains the high entry price.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Does the Spectre also come with soldered WLAN, anyone? IMO it's a disaster for future-proofing such machines, with 802.11ax around the corner and 160MHz 802.11ac & Bluetooth 5 already available.