New Dell XPS 15 2 in 1 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Dell' started by alextrela182, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

In that particular video all the line wobble seems to come from the reviewer's own movements.

Azzart likes this.
  2. yodamiked

yodamiked Pen Pal - Newbie

The Dell Latitude 5285 (AES) I owned for a couple of weeks was surprisingly good when it came to jitter (though to be fair I wasn’t particularly looking for it). Compared to ntrig on the nSP with anything but the new surface pen, it seems AES has improved a fair amount. I’d be curious to play around with it for a bit once there are display units available.

testplayer and Azzart like this.
  3. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

Again, only Lisa from MobileTechReview knows what we want to see...

4. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

How does it compared to EMR in terms of hover distance and jitters when hovering?
    If it's comparable to EMR, I would re-consider whether to buy HP Zbook x2 when the 8th gen CPU models are released...

5. yodamiked

yodamiked Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure I'd be the best person to answer. I pretty much just sketched with it and didn't pay too much attention to whether there was jitter or not. But that being said, when I switched to the nSP, I noticed the jitter right away, so I can at least say that the jitter on the Latitute 5285 was low enough for me not to notice.

6. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Soldered WLAN is extremely sad, given 802.11ax will soon become a reality, and Bluetooth 5.0 is already here. I basically like everything about this machine except the WLAN part, and weight of course.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  7. Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite Pen Pal - Newbie

Will this new 2in1 2018 model finally be VR compatible with the Vega GPU inside ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  8. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like 8th gen CPUs are now available on the ZBook x2 from checking their site - I dont think EMR and AES are in the same league. Wacom seems to release AES on every mobile product these days. Seems like EMR on ZBook x2 was a more exclusive arrangement - since it seems to geared more at creatives.

9. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

It's up for sale now, starting at $ 1500: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...?dgc=IR&cid=cs-newxps15-416398&lid=B1&ref=hbn

Same goes for the HP Spectre x360 15 with AMD Vega, starting at a similar price: https://store.hp.com/us/en/Configur...Id=&catEntryId=3074457345618723818&quantity=1

The Dell XPS 15 is also available in germany now (starting at 1800 € o_O)* but not the HP x360 with AMD Vega (as of this writing).
    *Edit: In germany the XPS always includes the 4k display which somehow explains the high entry price.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  10. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Does the Spectre also come with soldered WLAN, anyone? IMO it's a disaster for future-proofing such machines, with 802.11ax around the corner and 160MHz 802.11ac & Bluetooth 5 already available.