New Dell Stylus 11/3/14

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chevypad, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex2539

alex2539 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, now works...
    Thank you very much for the video.

Chrischi1988 likes this.
  2. dicobalt

dicobalt Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the video, just ordered one. I have been waiting a long time for a working stylus. My first stylus was an absolute disaster and almost didn't do anything at all.

3. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

Much much appreciated, thanks so much for your time. Awesome video!

4. alex2539

Could you please try to make a line in slow motion and tell me if line breaks after a while?
    If it stops, how long is the line?

Once again, thanks for the video.
    Writing samples on your dell look like mine on asus vivotab note 8.
    I will wait feedback of few other users of new revision pen and if are still positive, i will go back to my dell venue 8 pro. Or maybe buy a venue 11 pro.

I am really disappointed from wacom on my vivotab note 8.
    Precision on the edges and on some other parts of screen is terrible which makes note taking and sketching bad.
    I suppose due to some magnets that there are inside the tablet?
    I don't know and i really don't care..

5. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

So, I made a line. It didnt lose the connection, even in slow motion. Only if I pushed to low, which is very very unnatural low, it will not write. Correct me, if I misunderstood you.

6. alex2539

That is what i wanted to know, thank you.
    My rev a02 stylus looses connection, although it is a good one.

Both new stylus and old one have exactly the same pen tip, right?
    And writing feeling is the same? Like writing on a glass without friction?

7. msmsms

msmsms Pen Pal - Newbie

My observations compared to a pretty good A02:

-- Better recognition and palm rejection
    -- Smoother writing

I'm really happy on my Venue 11 5130. However, for some reason on the Venue 8 5830 instead of staying on too long (and leaving strokes after letters) like the A01-A02 sometimes do, it doesn't finish letters. I have to be quite deliberate, slow, and press harder than on the Venue 11. Wish it worked as well as on the Venue 11...

Also, in onenote I can activate the eraser by holding down the lower button while writing, and then moving my finger to the top button. Weird.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  8. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, writing basically feels the same, just the results are better. The tip is the same, sits pretty stiff, not like with a wacom pen, where it gets pushed in a little bit. But this is only about getting used to and the main difference with the tip compared to the old A02, is that it is not removeable, at least not just by pulling at it, or maybe I didnt pull hard enough? Not a thing, that I want to try out though^^

9. SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright (since apparently we aren't supposed to use the old thread anymore), since my old stylus broke (AGAIN), I called Dell.

Fought with them (AGAIN, because for some reason they weren't keeping track of my damn communication trail from last time) and they agreed to dispatch a new stylus. I spoke to a manager this time (which is how I managed to close the case really quickly) and asked specifically for a 750-AAGN stylus.

So hopefully that's what they send (they said they would but who knows what's actually going to happen). Once they get it (and it is indeed the AAGN model) then I'll post my findings here.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  10. crossface

crossface Pen Pal - Newbie

I received the new stylus last night and wrote some of my initial opinions out with it. You can find the results of my ugly handwriting as well as some samples of my writing using both the new and A02 styluses at the link below.

Link

In my initial experience with the new stylus, it seems the upgrade is very much worth it. The quality of handwriting is substantially better. I'm pretty happy because I can take notes in OneNote Metro now, whereas taking notes in Metro with the A02 was a raging disaster in the past.

With regard to a few comments above: I own the Venue 8 5830. I didn't find that letters were incomplete or that I had to push uncomfortably hard on the tablet screen. I don't have a Venue 11 for comparison to be able to say it might be better, but the experience on the 8 was pretty good, I thought.

The two pens have what appear to be the same tip. You can remove the tip in the new stylus, though it was tighter than the old stylus and a bit of a test in bravery to pull it the whole way out. They definitely look to be interchangeable (I didn't try yet) and are the same size, but they do react a little differently on the tablet screen. I put a screen protector on my Venue early on because I couldn't stand writing with the plastic tip on the glass. With the A02, the screen protector helped a lot to make it more of a pen on paper feel. With the new stylus, though, it sounds like you're hitting plastic on glass as you begin writing as compared to the A02 that was softer. It's difficult to explain, but it's important to note that, despite the sounds and the such, the overall feel of writing with the new stylus is similar to the A02 in terms of "pen on paper" versus "plastic on glass."

There's not loss of sensitivity or other problems writing closer to the edges of the tablet than in the middle, but I didn't have any of those issues with the A02 either.

Kavu2, Luft and nerdteddy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.