New Dell Stylus 11/3/14

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chevypad, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirano994

Cirano994 Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh wow the 750-AAHC (new model) is available in Italy too. 28 excl. VAT and Shipment so total: 55€ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :mad:

I've the old version (A02), not bad but as i can read here the new model is far better.

Well maybe i'll wait the availability in external shops like Amazon or i'll write an email to Dell, but 55€ is too much.

Luft likes this.
  2. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

So it has finally started ;)

3. midnightblade

midnightblade Pen Pal - Newbie

Battery life would be great too!

4. Xer0

Xer0 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

A02 was actually acceptable except for 'smoothness'. If you zoom into the word, you'll see a jaggered mess

6. brian1

brian1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I can confirm that this is a new revision of the pen. As previously mentioned, Dell continually improves products based upon customer feedback. This is the result of that ongoing effort. Many thanks for all of the feedback gathered here and on the Dell Community Forums. Please keep it coming.

Thanks.

7. Leo951

Leo951 Pen Pal - Newbie

Received the new updated silver and black version (model 750-AAGN) of the stylus today and I am impressed beyond my expectation! This thing is the real deal and the stylus that Dell should have released to begin with. I am more than willing to run tests for any of you if you would like - just describe exactly what you want me to do and be explicit in telling me what application to use, what steps to follow etc...

So far - I am impressed!

8. Kavu2

Kavu2 Pen Pal - Newbie

How about a battery review (might take a couple days or so). Even more particularly does the stylus turn off when separated from dv8p.

In particular....
    Does it remain off when stored in a stylus loop(as found on many cases). There was a prior problem older versions of the stylus in which the stored stylus (in close proximity to the dv8p) would not remain off and keep trying to re-activate , thus draining the battery.

There was a prior problem with the battery not connecting/connecting intermittently in the actual battery enclosure area....again causing a battery drain as it connected and disconnected. Various tape and spring DIY fixes were implemented to solve the problem and make the battery more secure.

And there were various writing issues....
    Line breaks, jagged edges, thin and thickness line issues
    I think there were also some 'hovering' issues as well tho I can't remember exactly the specific issue there.

Thanks in advance for any feedback...much appreciated

9. Leo951

Leo951 Pen Pal - Newbie

Kavu,

Still early for battery life test but here are a couple of observations/questions in the meanwhile -

1. What would be the best way to find out if the pen goes to sleep/turns off when next to the tablet (there are no LEDs or indicators on pen that I could find).
    2. Battery connection seems to be solid, been playing with it off and on and no disconnects etc.
    3. I cant seem to find ANY line breaks, jagged lines in tests so far I have run - OneNote modern, OneNote 2013 Desktop and Word 2013 desktop. No hovering issues either.
    4. Line widths based on pressure sensitivity seem to more than satisfactory for my usage. I will try to compare it to SP3 if I get a chance to visit the local BestBuy store.
    5. Being able to miracast my DV8P to our 60-inch TV using a Roku HDMI stick and then using OneNote Inking (with this stylus) to teach Geometry to kids in the family - priceless! Every K-12 teacher should have this setup.

Will keep you posted on if I see any issues with battery life.

Kavu2 likes this.
  10. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

I recently did a warray return and was told they would send me the "new" version of the stylus. What do I get? The same ****ty rev 02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.