New Dell Stylus 11/3/14

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chevypad, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

Feedback from the user (the only one here that still has a Venue - we went whole-house Surface 3) is that it's great, all over, in just about every situation. In my 5 minutes with it when we first got it, I can confirm that the trails and jaggedness, and just general horribleness of the original and then just slightly better replacement are totally gone.

This is the pen that the Venue's should have shipped with initially.

Mi An likes this.
  2. Kavu2

Kavu2 Pen Pal - Newbie

And of course there is the 'battery' issue to consider with all its variations of problems ie longevity, storage proximity to tablet(stylus loop) general connection-disconnection issues etc.
    So while a battery report will take a few days at least to assess, hopefully this aspect can also be reported on by those with this latest iteration.

After a year of watching the Beta testing of this product, I might.... finally be ready to bite. <cue Etta James>

Thanks in advance for battery reports

3. mambastik

mambastik Pen Pal - Newbie

On mine, the box says Rev A00 with mfg: September 2014. Another thing to note is that the box says compatible with Venue 8 Pro* and Venue 11 Pro, with the * saying "Excluding Venue 8 Pro Model 3845." I don't know which Venue configurations cover "model 3845."

The pen does not "disconnect" when drawing long lines slowly or going fast. It does look a bit scrawly on OneNote, whether it is from the feeling of slipperiness from plastic-on-glass effect, the pen itself, or old drivers I may have, I cannot tell. I will have to test that some more when I get home, as well as edge/corner performance. I will update with more video examples of all these tests when I'm back. I will try to do a side by side comparison with my old Wacom tablet PC.

4. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

5. Tbarrows112

Tbarrows112 Pen Pal - Newbie

Great feedback, thanks everyone for the information, looking forward to more videos of the stylus.

Was wondering if anyone is aware of where to purchase the new stylus in the UK, or at what point it is getting to us?

6. eternal

eternal Scribbler - Standard Member

so how can I go about getting a replacement even though the last stylus they sent me was back in april?

7. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone from europe, that already has the new stylus? I am wondering, if it is just not available here until now, because somehow I wonder whats taking so long with my replacement... the problem is also, that I didnt order it directly from Dell, I got it over a store similar to amazon here in germany.

Cirano994 likes this.
  8. Mi An

Mi An Pen Pal - Newbie

The old active stylus is now $15, for obvious reasons. I've read the other thread extensively, but I'm still a little tempted.

9. Tbarrows112

Luft likes this.
  10. Tbarrows112

It's been nearly 5 days since we heard from you, was wondering if you could give us a more in depth video/review?

Thanks

Cirano994 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.