New Dell Stylus 11/3/14

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chevypad, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I cannot find the new stylus on Amazon. I tried searching by name and P/N. Is it hiding in there somewhere?

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I was talking about AAAA batteries... fixed my post to make that clear =)

3. Kavu2

Kavu2 Pen Pal - Newbie

> dceggert
    Dell Active Stylus (silver/black) Dell part# 750-AAGN

Dell shop for home - $34.99 - $3.50 (10% Dell coupon) + $0 shipping(5-7 days USPS) = $31.49
    http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=750-AAGN
    Dell coupon code 78M4SHHJ4JC9WW (10% off select Dell electronic accessories - expires 1/19/2015)

MacMall.com $27.99 +$3.99 shipping(3-7 days USPS) = $31.98
    Dell Active Stylus (silver/black) Manufacturer part# 750-AAGN MacMall Part # 13328844
    http://www.macmall.com/p/Dell-Pointing-Devices/product~dpno~13328844~pdp.ijebehf

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Plus note that if you sign up for Dell's (free) Advantage loyalty program and use your membership number, you get a 5% coupon after your purchase, for use on a future purchase within the next 90 days.

5. crossface

crossface Pen Pal - Newbie

The battery that was shipped with my new stylus died today (in the middle of a meeting unfortunately). So, battery life was December 2nd to January 16 with relatively moderate usage.

6. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Shouldn't more critical battery-dependent devices like this have a battery-check button/LED? I'd be happy to pay the extra dollar or 2, to avoid situations like the above.

And only 1-1/2 month from the battery (even though it was with moderate usage)-- not so hot . . . . :(

7. pappyxmas

pappyxmas Pen Pal - Newbie

Got mine today, it was dead out of the box, two hours on the phone and 7 people later, they're sending me a new one. Dell customer service is HORRIBLE!!!

8. erokc

erokc Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a suggested workaround for the short battery life. This may work or may not. If the pen is not drawing current when not in use and /or the tablet is off my suggestion probably won't help battery life. However if the pen is drawing power all the time this should extend its life.

When not in use unscrew the pen barrel enough to let the battery float. Shake it and if the battery is loose it will not be connected inside.

Keep an extra battery with you!

internalaudit likes this.
  9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Just as a side note, the N-trig system (since at least v3.0 on the Q550) tracks the status of the pen battery charge state and a pop-up on the screen alerts you to the battery needing to be replaced. Neither the Synaptics nor the Atmel systems do this but should. I do not know yet if the new powered pen Wacom system does this or not. It should as well.

internalaudit likes this.
  10. ssbtech

ssbtech Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my silver barrel pen today and so far it appears the ink spillage issue is finally gone.

Switching back and forth between the silver and the A02 pen had the A02 pen spilling every time I tried it. Again, nothing with the silver pen.

I did notice that the pressure sensitivity on the silver pen doesn't seem to work as well. Oh well, less important than having it dribble everywhere :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.