New Dell Stylus 11/3/14

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chevypad, Nov 3, 2014.

1. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

2. eaglestar

eaglestar Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think this one is new. Seems to me like the old pen for Venue Pro line, which BTW didn't work well. That's the reason why they sell the new all BLACK pen rev.02 now.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh. My bad then
    Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Really? I've never seen this one before, and the listing says that it works for the Venue 11 Pro, 8 Pro, and Latitude 13 7000 Series 2-in-1.

5. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah that's the new one. Definitely not the old one. I've had all revisions of the pen.

6. eaglestar

eaglestar Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't see the mention about Latitude 13 7000 in specs, which is new, so the stylus is propably also new. Well, I saw the colour of this stylus and thought it is the old rev.00, but this one is probably more silver.

7. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting.. the tip seems to be smaller on this one. I wonder if it's going to bring improvement on inking quality.

8. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, this really seems to be a new one! I saw pictures of the Acer Active Stylus for the Acer Aspire Switch 10, which also uses Synaptics Digitizer Tech and the stylus looked exactly like the Dell one, but with an Acer logo on it and the metal looking like a lighter grey. I also saw a chinese video of the Acer Active Stylus in use and it seemed like the writing and the pressure sensitivity worked much better than what we had until now. So this could really be it. Dont get your hopes up though, if you expect too much, you are bound to be underwhelmed, if you know what I mean :)

Here, just for comparisions sake, on the german Dell website, there is still the old one: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=de&l=de&s=dhs&cs=dedhs1&sku=750-AADT

It is a lot darker. Ah, and if you ask me, the new one looks a little thicker, but smaller in length... So could it be, that it uses AAA instead of AAAA batteries? That would be so awesome :D

9. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Per the webpage, AAAA.

10. Chrischi1988

Chrischi1988 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, an AAA battery wouldve been the chocolate sauce on the ice cream, if you know what I mean. But as long as it performs better, I will be happy :)