New Dell Latitude 13 7000 2 in 1 with Intel Core M

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chris_van_vel, Sep 15, 2014.

1. chris_van_vel

chris_van_vel Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

here are a lot of Venue 11 Pro owners. Dell just announced the new Dell Latitude 13 7000 -> http://tabtec.com/windows/dell-latitude-13-7000-complete-specifications-revealed/

It looks like this is great 2 in 1 with a bigger 13 inch display. An active stylus should be also available.. Hope they don´t use Synaptics anymore.

The Core M should be also perfect.. hope it is also coming to the smaller Venue devices..

What dou you think about the device?

2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It kills me to say this because I am a huge fan of Dell computers but its screen is slightly too big for my purposes. The added financial factor of it costing more than its competitors, Lenovo and HP, makes it a difficult pill to swallow. Never mind the other financial factor of having EPP access to those two manufacturers and not Dell. I was really hoping for more 11-inch and smaller tablets and no manufacturer is delivering in that department. Only the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 2nd Gen is small enough for me to consider it and I am very likely to go ahead with that option.

3. chris_van_vel

chris_van_vel Pen Pal - Newbie

What do you think about the Surface Pro 3?

4. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am one of those people who find the Pro 3 too long and tall for me. I prefer the older form factor and size of the Pro 2 for entertainment and packing purposes. I find the standard 16:9 aspect ratio better than the 3:2 one on the Pro 3 for movie watching and gaming. I also am not an artist and I can bear to hold my slightly narrow tablet without any issues for an hour or so at a time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm in the same boat.
    I want a fanless device that can be used in the office and on the road, atm I have two devices for that.
    Desktop with Asrock Q1900-itx with 8GB and 256GB SSD and a noisy x121e for the road.
    I don't need game performance, I develop software for Windows and embedded systems.

The eMMC solutions don't cut it, so a real ssd and 8GB ram are needed.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/8515/quick-look-at-core-m-5y70-and-llama-mountain here you can see why the M5Y70 doesn't need fan support.

Of those devices announced with the Core-M only the Helix seems to be worth looking at.

6. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm very excited about this new Dell and it might be the perfect device for me IF AND ONLY IF they include WACOM !

13,3" detachable, Full HD, Core M, fanless, ... - very nice!

7. majortom1981

majortom1981 Pen Pal - Newbie

The specs state del lactive stylus so probably the same stylus as the venu 8 and 11 pro

8. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

ile likes this.
  9. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

That is amazing, thank god they finally understood that Synaptics is rubbish.

If they don't fail in any category in practice, this will be my new device. It's exactly what I want: 13,3", FHD, Wacom, 2-in-1, Core M.

Let's hope that the Touchpad doesn't disappoint, this was one of the dealbrakers for me on the T904.

Only drawback currently: glossy screen. A bit disappointing, but to be honest: they are very rare on Touch devices nowadays...

10. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

'Only drawback currently: glossy screen. A bit disappointing, but to be honest: they are very rare on Touch devices nowadays...'

If Apple shows up with a matte screen in their new iPad lineup, other companies will follow in 2015...