New customizable i3/i5 TM2 is available!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by johnyeah, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

temptation... rising....

I tried CS5 trial on my 2730p. Flipped me the bird and turned the cool brush smoothing off because of the Intel GPU. This thing's 5450 will definitely solve that problem...

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does the GPU support the Adobe GPU acceleration? Isn't NVidia better supported in this aspect?

3. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for sharing. I want this but this is one of my concerns also. I am wondering how well it will run CS5. It wouldn't be my main machine for working. I have an i7 desktop for that but mainly when I travel is when I would use this for cs5. Otherwise it would be used for mostly web and email (don't tell anyone but twitter also).

I do wish it was thinner and lighter.

4. cptawsme

cptawsme Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anyone else having trouble ordering one of these right now? I keep getting server-side errors off and on and the client wont accept the LOGIC50 coupon code :/

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

See, that GPU isn't just for games anymore. That's why I won't buy a machine meant to run games and higher end apps on machine without a dedicated GPU.

I have to see how this new model works, just pre-ordered a Libretto W100because, let's face it, it's the coolest gadget on the planet now with two touchscreens, its like the worlds first TouchBook computer (which is what Toshiba SHOULD have called it because its a PERFECT name for the device).

Need to see benchies of this thing and is this device THINNER or not than the original. The HP specs keep listing the dimensions as wider, deeper and THINNER than the original.

6. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

FYI: They are using the exact same chassis. The sim slot and the place of the WWAN antenna is still there, but there is no PCI slot anymore, which means there won't be a mobile broadband option.

7. Shogmaster

All Adobe says on the matter is that they want dedicated 256MB of RAM, Open GL 2.0 and Shader model 3 support. The 5450 more than qualifies!

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

ATI's stream technology is supposto work the same as CUDA. The reviews I have read seem to say that it works to some degree but not quite as well as the NVIDIA GPU. We don't have CS5 yet. As soon as we get it, i'll let you know.

Bronsky:cool:

9. Shogmaster

OMG, alot of people here's been drinking nVidia cool-aid. CUDA is just a marketing construct. If any program struggles on ATi's streaming processors, it's because of insider deals, not the technology.

10. Shogmaster

Somebody.... talk me out of this....... Gonna order... But Vegas trip is 2 weeks away... GAH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.