New customizable i3/i5 TM2 is available!

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by johnyeah, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnyeah

johnyeah Scribbler - Standard Member

It is finally available!

Too bad there isn't anymore WWAN option.

In addition, if anyone was thinking of getting it, there's the LOGIC50 stackable coupon code of $50 on top of the $150 instant rebate.

2. achuang

achuang Pen Pal - Newbie

Despite the fact that there is no WWAN option, I am very satisfied at the base specs as well as the pricing of the i5.

i5 with ATI 5450 is only $125 more than base config, which is at the same price range as the SU7300 was with the old tm2. The base config for memory is 4 GB, and the fingerprint reader is included as well (it is no longer an option).

Overall, I would say it is a much better deal than the old tm2 (before they had crazy sales on it in light of the refresh).

3. wguo

wguo Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if there is a better coupon than the $50 from LogicBuy? I guess there will probably be something if we wait a little bit. But instant gratification is a powerful thing indeed...

4. a9753

a9753 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any advantage of getting more RAM in the new model, 4gig vs. 6 or 8gigs? What would you recommend?

5. cptawsme

cptawsme Pen Pal - Newbie

Personally, I've found that 4G is plenty, especially for a laptop like this one. And since it costs another $100 just for 2 gig more it's really not worth it. You could upgrade that with after market ram for less.

6. Nichod

Nichod Scribbler - Standard Member

If you have 6 gigs. (personal view on amount of RAM) It's useful to turn off paging in Windows. (disclaimer: do at your own risk) I've noticed significant performance gains by doing this....Windows tends to haphazardly utilize paging despite having more than enough RAM.

7. Nutsy

Nutsy Pen Pal - Newbie

Where can you order the customizable versions?

8. johnyeah

johnyeah Scribbler - Standard Member

9. Nichod

Nichod Scribbler - Standard Member

You can get a pretty much tricked out tm2 for just over $1k.:D

10. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

just a short blurb about it being available:
    HP TouchSmart tm2 gains Core i5 CPU option, a whole new level of respect -- Engadget

HP TouchSmart tm2 gains Core i5 CPU option, a whole new level of respect
    By Darren Murph posted Jul 21st 2010 2:02PM

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Or when a rumor plays out perfectly? We're looking at a case of the latter here today, as HP's oh-so-lovable 12-inch TouchSmart tm2 is now available to order with a Core i5 processor. Just months after gaining Core i3 support, the convertible tablet can now be ordered with a 1.2GHz Core i5-430UM (capable of hitting 1.73GHz with Turbo Boost). Said CPU can be paired with integrated Intel graphics or with a discrete ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450, and 4GB of DDR3 RAM is standard on either configuration. Hit the links below to investigate further, but be sure to keep your plastic far, far away unless you're kosher with impulse buys of a rather significant caliber. Logic Buy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.