new CoolReader3

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by Muhali, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I have re-built CoolReader3 from the most recent sources (3.0.56-7). I am not sure how this version differs from the one Denis (Goryachev) has built, but it supports at least stylesheets (font weights etc.), which was not available in that version.

Unzip this file to the sd card, and reboot.

Please check it out, but be aware that it's experimental software. It works for me though :)

M.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot! Do you have screenshots? Also, could you certify you didn't put malicious code there ;)

3. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

both no.

But if you tell me how to make a screenshot from a full-window application I'd be happy to provide it. I may be able to do it from the x64 built.

4. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

5. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

that's well over my head, as I am a total C/C++ moron. I just want to read my ebooks, and I don't mind nice fonts. ;-)

It would help if I had the older coolreader3 sources, though, so I can adapt the code.

6. burgerproductions

burgerproductions Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed this build of CReader3 and it works great. I had already installed the version via qtpacker, which also worked fine.
    I'm not sure if I can detect any differences between the two versions, but perhaps this one is a little faster.
    One question. I may be missing it, but is there a bookwark function anywhere?
    One the main reasons I don't use CoolReader more is that it doesn't remember where I've got in the book, where as the native reader does.

7. Muhali

Muhali Pen Pal - Newbie

my version remembers it. Hm...

BUT...:

You may have noticed it already, the buttons are not working. I totally missed that when compiling this new version. And I'm not sure if I can complie it. :(

So I returned to the packaged version, for now.

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.