New Bios F.0C Tx2500 series!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

2. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

Why do they have to be so vague?

3. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

Does that mean we shouldn't install Vista SP2 without updating the BIOS first? :confused:

4. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I installed SP2 before this update. I updated today. My machine seems to boot faster. I don't know exactly if it does. It would be cool if someone who hasnt flashed times a before and after.

Also, SP2 seems to have messed up with the WLAN. Everytime I log into Vista and I open the "Connect To..." window, it takes a while (~1min) for it to load up the available networks. It's kind of annoying.

5. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I also updated first to SP2 and afterwards noted the updated bios from HP.
    The SP2 update seems to influence the boot speed, it boots faster.
    The BIOS change did not give me any problems.
    In respect to the wireless did I not see any problems. The only problems I noted was related to outlook, but that seems to be solved with some massive updates today for Office 2007.......

6. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

Update: The Connections window seems to be behaving itself better now. I haven't changed anything. It still hangs for a bit sometimes but not too often.

7. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

I updated to the newer bios from the nice one that was released on 3/14 sp42533. I noticed that the fan went into vacuum mode the next day at work when it was just sitting there. I was using it a lot the night before and it seemed hotter and louder but I thought it was just due to me using it quite a bit. I had updated to sp2 a couple of days before, didn't notice any positive differences with the newer bios.

I downgraded and everything seems quieter to me. I could be wrong, I probably am. I am running graphics at low power mode, cpu at 5 to 100% when plugged in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.