New Battery - light indicator not working

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by cmj141, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmj141

cmj141 Pen Pal - Newbie

hello, so I just purchased this battery off Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Bat...Pad-EP121-B121-1A008F-B121-New-/231756872197? for my ep121. First thing I noticed were the wires running to the connector were backwards, or upside down. I had to twist the cable so the connector would be right side up which then shortened the length of the wires making it very hard to get into the connector.. so the wires now have a lot of tension on them.

I connected the battery and immediately my ep121 turned itself on. The battery was half charged and I charged it fully. So the battery works, however the battery charge light indicator now doesn't work.

Also, not sure if this is related but it seems my wifi signal is now weaker than it was before causing me to constantly lose connection. I now have to stand in the same room as the router with my tablet to make sure I don't lose connection. Could this be related?

Is the charge indicator not working typical for replacing a battery with a non-oem battery even though the battery is supposed to be authentic and OEM?

Thanks for the help.

*update*
    I removed the usb hub connected and plugged the tablet charger back in.. now the orange led light is now working.. solid orange. not flashing. its at 33% charge. Could the usb hub be interfering with the battery/battery charge indicator?

2. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Never have flashing orange charge light..it is solid orange or solid green.

did you compare the original battery and replacement battery before install?

the replacement battery may have had been assembled backward on the metal frame....you should not have to twist the batery connector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.