New Ati Hp Drivers!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trihy, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, there are new ati hd 3200 drivers on hp web page http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3747931&lang=en

I wonder in what ati drivers are based?

Released: 2009-02-28
    Version: 8.533.1.0
    Compatibility: Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit)

System requirements: No additional prerequisites

Description: This package contains the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics/Video driver for the ATI RS780M Video Chip in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

Enhancements: Improves graphics resolution quality.
    Enhances performance.

2. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

3. trihy

Yes, is listed like a feb/march 2009 update.

I think that hp used weird version numbers....the older one I think that says 8.5 too

Anyway always the ati drivers will be newer, but maybe the hp ones, works better with tx

4. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

113.9MB, and the ATI ones usually are ~40MB. Anyone has tried them? does it worth it?

it is different the drivers version and the ATI suite version. i cant see now wich driver version is included in the 9.3... anyone?

5. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

HP drivers most likely contain both 32bit and 64bit variants of the driver. So, thats probably why it is much larger than the ones found in AMD's website.

BTW, the driver version included in the latest catalyst release (9.3) is 8.591 compared to the HP's release of 8.533.

6. pechorin

pechorin Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you miner, i think i will keep using the ati ones

7. trihy

Well, i´d tested the new drivers. I think that maybe are based un 9.2? dont know, anyway, if HP doesnt make any changes, dont know why bother releasing them.

Maybe the rotation not working (at least you installed quick launch) is solved in this drivers, but that´s not so important

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.