New Asus Transformer Mini T102HA-C4-GR...US$250

Discussion in 'Asus' started by BenGman, May 31, 2017.

1. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

Agree totally with your review.
    The speed is really disappointing, especially since previous generation Atom chips were apparently faster (e.g. my Dell Venue 8 Pro and Dell Venue 11 Pro).

I ended up buying a pack of these stick on pen loops ($6 for 6 or so on Amazon). they work great.
    The "loop" on the keyboard is very disappointing. I wish they had provided a real loop that covers the whole length of the pen. Be careful if you use the keyboard loop - mine ripped after 2 weeks of use.

Otherwise, this is one of the best tablets out there.
    Really wish that they update it with a better CPU (but keeping the current battery life).

2. the_whiterabbit

the_whiterabbit Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I feel like even if this had a Cherry Trail processor one step up in the stack (x5-Z8550) it would feel more responsive. I'm not sure what the hell Intel did with the Z8350 to make it feel so slow at times, but there's definitely something there.

The worst part is that the x5-Z8550 only costs $6 per unit more...I mean, I get why they didn't go with the top of the stack x5-Z8750, which costs almost 2x as much ($37 vs $21)...but maybe Intel offered incentives to manufacturers to use the x5-Z8350s, or maybe there's some other design decision.

Oh well...I'll keep using this tablet until something better comes along, or I finally break down and buy a 12" tablet with a full-power processor. :)