New Asus Transformer 3 Pro and Transformer 3 Intel 7th Generation CPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by alextrela182, May 30, 2016.

1. asfletch

asfletch Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep fair point on the battery - looks weak. However, I've heard plenty of people say their SP4 only gets 5h in the real world, so maybe Asus is just being more honest.

As for the weight, I guess you just have to accept over 1kg if you want to add keyboard cover to this (or SP4 or Huawei Matebook). Even Galaxy TabProS, with its reportedly cramped, low-travel keyboard weighs 1.09kg total. At least the ASUS keyboards have decent travel (better than a MacBook). Tried the T303UA keyboard in store the other day - it felt better than most ultrabooks actually (and ultrabookreview.com says T305CA cover is about the same).

In any case, I use my current Windows tablet as a tablet at home then dock it with a proper keyboard at work, so only the bare weight (which is competitive) concerns me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Transformer 3 Pro with Razer Core eGPU dock (skip to 3m48s):

kvoram and Bronsky like this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Interesting. This would eliminate the need to keep our Precision M6600 around for the small about of video work we do from time to time. Battery issue isn't that important as long as you can dock your tablet and eGPU.

4. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm curious.

You're a lawyer, no? So the video work is for the website?

What tech/laptops/tablet do you use most for your work?

Am I thinking of another tabletpcreview forum user?

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The video work is typically for trial presentation. I like to show changes to a site over time by splicing aerial and satellite images downloaded from various GIS sources. I also tend to use video depositions where necessary for trial instead of having typewritten depositions read into the record at trial.

I use a Surface 3 and a Galaxy Note 5 for my everyday work. My secretary has a Lenovo all in one, with desktop Pentium power and I have access to the offices M6600 for the few more demanding tasks I need to accomplish.

6. Mark Richmond

Mark Richmond Pen Pal - Newbie

0-UniversalDockPacking-small.jpg 1-UniversalDockFront-small.jpg 2-UniversalDockBack-small.jpg 3-UniversalDockContents-small.jpg 4-UniversalDockUnboxed-small.jpg Well, after months of fruitless searches, I finally stumbled onto the ASUS Universal Dock for my ASUS Transformer 3 Pro. It arrived today via FEDEX, after ordering it on Tuesday. The delivery window was quoted as 24 Jan to 31 Jan, but as you can see, it only takes a few days to ship from New Jersey to Ohio. I've taken pics for the unveiling, but I'll have to reduce them, as they're all too big to upload.

I kept searching for ASUS Transformer Pro Universal Dock, without ever getting a hit. I don't even recall what keyword I used this time, but the ASU-90NB0DH1-P00010 looked exactly like the Universal Dock pictures I've seen on the ASUS website and other sites. I took a chance.

sonichedgehog360, Marty and ATIVQ like this.
  7. chicken

chicken Pen Pal - Newbie

hi. i just bought me an Asus T305. but it doesnt come with a stylus.

what kind of stylus is compatible with it? wacom or surface pen?

thanks.

8. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Asus T305 uses N-Trig, so you can get the pen from the Surface Pro 3 or Surface Pro 4.

9. asfletch

asfletch Pen Pal - Newbie

Ooh please do share your experience with it. Can't find a single review of the final product anywhere - even on Amazon.

10. Blahhhhh231

Blahhhhh231 Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear folks,

I have a T303ua. And, strangely, it has twitchy touchpad. Almost unusable and the pen response is very poor. Its a far cry from the sp3 which I have been using for years. Anyone having the same issue with the t303ua? Its so well spec'ed, but marred by these stupid issues. Sigh!