New Asus Transformer 3 Pro and Transformer 3 Intel 7th Generation CPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by alextrela182, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xify

Xify Pen Pal - Newbie

Just found this guys : http://www.ultrabookreview.com/12543-asus-transformer-pro-t303ua-review/

I would say I'm a little dissapointed with the transformer 3 pro. I was expecting a true Surface Pro competitor with thunderbolt 3 and decent battery life.

I was also expecting to buy the i5/256Gb version of the 3 pro but if even that version has this many issues I think the non pro version might be the one to fix most of them (crappy batter/loud fan/throttling). There's less talk about that version but considering it's a Core M 7th gen processor, the "I suppose" i7 6Y75 ( http://prnt.sc/clh8o3 ) might be almost on par with the 6th gen i5 U on the Pro version.

Patiently waiting for them to release those pcs. I plan to use it with the Acer Graphics Dock as it is one of the cheapest and smallest egpu option with a gtx 960m.

2. Obi

Obi Pen Pal - Newbie

Aww that's too bad. I was really hopeful for this one. It seems like every one of these surface clones has big deal breaker problems. The regular Transformer doesn't have the kickstand right? I hope they make a smart cover kind of accessory. I like to read in bed with the tablet propped up, and it'd be a little unwieldy with the keyboard attached.

3. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

The SP4 is flawed in dozens of ways, why shouldn't all its imitators be too?

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. mSSM

mSSM Pen Pal - Newbie

With the screen having less than 300 nits, this device is dead to me. Heck, even with below 400 I would have had to think carefully. They promised 450 nits at Computex; that number is still visible for the T305, but I guess they simply haven't corrected that yet.

I don't even mind the throttling so much. But battery life and screen brightness are absolutely atrocious.

5. Don1

The only one over 400 nits that I am aware of is the aspire switch alpha s, even the sp4 is only 380 or so.

6. Xify

Xify Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I know. I loved my SP4 m3 but I had to sell it because it wasnt enough for the few programs I used. So I'm waiting for an alternative with thunderbolt 3. I might still get the transformer as a temporary device

7. yeah_mike

yeah_mike Pen Pal - Newbie

More bad news about the T305 (ie. non-pro version): up till a few days ago the official Asus website listed the battery life as up to 9 hours. Now it's been downgraded to "all-day battery life", which by Asus' definition means 5 hours of light browsing. Very disappointing.

8. mSSM

mSSM Pen Pal - Newbie

I was basing this off of this review: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i5-128-GB-Tablet-Review.154419.0.html

There, they report a brigthness of around 400 nits. Of course, illumination is not evenly distributed over the screen, with it having not even 360 in the bottom left corner.

Be it as it may: this is significantly better than what the Transformer 3 Pro is bringing to the table. One of the primary reasons why I was excited for the Transformer 3 Pro was precisely because they promised to improve on Microsoft's very good screen.

9. Don1

And I was basing mine on this review which just goes to show there is no testing that can be depended on anymore.

http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/acer-switch-alpha-12

10. mSSM

mSSM Pen Pal - Newbie

Assuming all partitions of the screen in the Notebookcheck review are equal, I get an average brightness of 396 nits. Not sooo very different after all. :)

But either way, without having an insight into both experimental setups, comparisons are always wonky. In the end, notebookcheck would need to send their device over to laptopmag to keep the variable "device" constant. :)

I guess it will be interesting to see the review of the Transformer 3 Pro by notebookcheck and laptopmag. Assuming both their experimental setups do not change significantly, we will be able to better compare the results (to their respective tests of the Surface 4).

Outside of Asus sending out a broken device, their device will still significantly underperform. :-/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.