New Asus Transformer 3 Pro and Transformer 3 Intel 7th Generation CPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by alextrela182, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azule

Azule Pen Pal - Newbie

A few helpful things in that table.

1- the different configurations
    2- the battery size (identical to SP4)
    3- the prices (anyone know how these compare to the similar SP4 prices?)

2. rms

rms Pen Pal - Newbie

If the prices are correct and I did the currency conversion well, prices are far from the $999 they said it would be the base model. According to that table, the cheapest one is $1300. Can someone else confirm?

3. zan5hin

zan5hin Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is another article that confirms the same starting price as that datasheet, along with some nice photos of the 2 in 1 connected to the external graphics and VR: http://money.udn.com/money/story/5640/1823700-華碩Transformer-3-Pro-打造全能體驗

I really don't care what the price is at this point, I want the top of the line i7 with 16GB and 512 HDD because having a 2 in 1 with external graphics has been my dream for years now. I haven't been gaming much lately the last few years and now my laptop with Nvidia 860m is going to struggle to even play the new Doom, so I think it will be completely amazing to go out to work in the morning with my Transformer 3 and spend a day doing business and then coming home to plug the same device into my desktop workstation or VR rig with Nvidia 1080. Finally one quiet machine that can give you the best of both worlds.

I just really hope they manage to keep the processor as quiet as Acer and their liquidloop system on their recently release Aspire Switch. I really want to have a quiet experience when not gaming.

dellaster and SZQ like this.
  4. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm so no configuration with 1TB SSD? Or will it just be available 'later'?

5. zan5hin

zan5hin Pen Pal - Newbie

You can also expand the storage with the new SanDisk 256GB MicroSD which launched recently. I might go use the internal for games and the SD card for video.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If these aren't specifically US prices, I'll be willing to bet that we get the base model closer to the $999 suggested price when the device was anounced. Often the Asian or EU prices quote VAT as well.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

When I visited Taiwan I think sales tax was something like 5% do the difference shouldn't be that great. As usual makers are willing to gouge their home markets to buy market share in the U.S., lucky dastards.

Balbutio ergo sum

8. mSSM

mSSM Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like Asus are really firing up their PR machine for the Transformer 3 Pro in Taiwan. According to their Facebook page (and Facebook Translate) it looks like they are going to have some sort of event where:

“★ Popular Illustrator "Emma" this Saturday 14:00-17:30 will be using the latest transformer 3 Pro Draw your super cute self-Portrait!”

Isn't that great? :)

9. mSSM

mSSM Pen Pal - Newbie

10. jessez

jessez Pen Pal - Newbie

Yahoo HK reports the Hong Kong suggested retail price:
    ASUS Transformer 3 Pro (T303UA-GN054R): HK$9,998 (i5, 256GB SSD, Gold)
    ASUS Transformer 3 Pro (T303UA-GN055T): HK$13,998 (i7, 512GB SSD, Grey)

The HK prices are consistent with those for Taiwan and Vietnam market. Earlier reports quoted $999 USD for base model. Not sure if ASUS has decided to increase that price for the US market.

https://hk.news.yahoo.com/配件搭救cp值-華碩台北發佈-transformer-3-pro-051612489.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.