NEW Asus R1F Info!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Sasha250, Jul 24, 2006.

1. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Do not be too quick to dismiss the Intel Integrated Graphics chip 945. Intel insists that if it is coupled with 512 Mb of memory, then it meets all Vista requirements.

Here is the Intel info

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/mobile/945_fam.htm

Actually, this may be an excellent solution for a Tablet PC, unless of course one wants to do heavy gaming on it. An onboard nVidia or ATI will require additional cooling and thus increase the weight of the tablet substantially. So, I would suggest that you may want to ask Asus directly about Vista upgradability.

The main problem that I would have with such a machine is the screen (a 13.3'' widescreen is an unknown entity although its resolution of 1280 x 800 is quite good) and the lack of a Firewire port. But between portability and full list of ports, I would always select portability.

2. coriolis

coriolis Pen Pal - Newbie

Some info that could be useful.

http://ohsnos.com/DSC00069.JPG

Sorry, it was taken on my camera phone, My scanner is at home and I'm not at home and won't be for a few days :p

3. kevi

kevi Pen Pal - Newbie

4. pinky

pinky Pen Pal - Newbie

i just received an answer from asus sales germany to my mail i sent last wednesday, where i asked about availability in germany/austria and battery lifetime

they said it would be available in germany in october, and that they couldn't give any technical information and price about it until then...although there already are entries in an austrian price-comparison page http://www.geizhals.at/eu/?such=r1f&a=28375808

5. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody know about batterylife and if the wacom penabled is confirmed(read in another thread that it was, but need to have it confirmed again.) :p

I was a little bummed about the integrated graphics at first, but I never play games and it has to allow for greater batterylife, doesn+t it?

6. supernova

supernova Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered mine last week, expecting it today (going to shop right after this). Will give full review once I've played with it. Give me a few days! juncarlo@hotmail.com if you're desperate.

7. Nrbelex

Nrbelex Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea and aside from games, there are few things modern integrated graphics can't do.

Where did you order from? Does it have the T5600? Where are you located?

Thanks
    ~ Brett

8. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

The US model will be coming with the T5500 (1.66ghz). As of this evening the US model number was released and the latest ETA puts in at Mid-October (that's because it just left Taiwan)... and the model number for North America will be the R1F-K018T. We'll start advanced orders tomorrow afternoon, with priority going to those already on our email list or at least those that email me before we start up the advanced order. $1,799 is now confirmed as the US price and two other things I was not fully aware of are that the R1f is going to come with a standard 2 year warranty and apparently a spill-proof keyboard

.. I know this isn't the thread - but for those reading this and thinking about the R2h - That was set for the end of October officially this evening - I'm sure that could still slip, but that's an update for you. With that, a 2 year warranty is also apparently being used and that price finally officially came in and it's set at $999 for the model that in May was expected to be impossible to get under $1,500. The only thing left off the latest information was that of a docking station... in May, Asus expected a really nifty cradle to be designed and offered with this unit.... perhaps that will be a later option.