NEW Asus R1F Info!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Sasha250, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Sasha250

Sasha250 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been looking for a new tablet pc for a while and had finally narrowed down my search between the Fujitsu 4210 and the Toshiba M400 until I found mention of the very elusive Asus R1F. I decided to call Asus to find out when these beauties were hitting the market and to patch in some missing info.
    The Asus lady let me know that the new R1f will have a 13.3" Widescreen Colorshine/Crystalshine Display (which boasts more vivid colors and a brighter screen), Bluetooth 3.0 and will weigh 1.98 kgs (4.36 lbs).
    I asked her when it was expected to come out and she said "I have no idea, we don't even have the schedule for this laptop yet. Definately not next month but probably by the end of the year." Considering that I wanted this for school next semester, my hopes are totally blown. By that time, the merom will probably be out so I don't see much sense in Asus' timing...I guess it's gonna be either the M400 or the T4210 for me!

Edit: Bluetooth 2.0 not 3.0

2. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

I hate them! You should call back and ask if they have dedicated or integrated graphics.

3. KoMarik

KoMarik Pen Pal - Newbie

Since, AFAIK, there is no such thing as Bluetooth 3.0 (yet), I would take the rest of the information they provided with a huge grain of salt.

-M-

4. Sasha250

Sasha250 Pen Pal - Newbie

Pyrotak - I called them back to ask about graphics but she says they don't know yet since they "don't have a confirmed schedule or confirmed specs." And KoMarik, you're right, it's Bluetooth 2.0, I missheard her.

5. wherethehellwasi

wherethehellwasi Pen Pal - Newbie

From the Asus guide on the NBR site, it seems that the R1F would necessarily have integrated graphics (which is what I've read here and elsewhere about the R1F).

Assuming Asus plans on a tablet with dedicated graphics -- and assuming they stick with the current naming conventions -- then we'd probably hear about it as the R1J, or similarly named model.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

rats, looks like the asus tablet is not as good as i thought it was going to be!

time to go re-evaluate the t4210...

7. hiheyho

hiheyho Pen Pal - Newbie

its going have integrated graphics, i posted somewhere on here
    r1f is going to be junk
    i was at the computer show in taiwan, i saw the actual r1f

8. DragonFlame

DragonFlame Pen Pal - Newbie

junk cause build quality or just cause it's going to have integrated graphics?

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

I think hiheyho was talking about how the R1F is going to have integrated graphics, instead of dedicated (discrete) graphics.

10. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

He was also talking about the build quality.