New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sssaaammmcn

sssaaammmcn Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine worked.
    What I did is that changing the update schedule to daily. and runing the update manually.
    But I am not sure it helps or not.

I did not use vadimpelau's method. But thank you vadimpelau anyway.

2. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

FWIW - I updated yesterday. Lots of use, carrying it around my place of business and opening/closing in meetings. For the first time since I bought it I've been completely stable. Only thing I'd highlight is that the palm rejection doesn't appear to be as robust -- it's picking up my right thumb/palm and downsizing windows. Never had that problem before. The Synaptics control panel is no longer compatible with the driver.

3. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

I guess nobody read my previous post about the 6KB file being a 404 HTML page. The update file was just removed for some unknown reason and now, thankfully, it's been put back.

Can happily report that I got mine updated this morning like everyone else and I'm looking forward to a stable tablet at last.

4. windroid

windroid Pen Pal - Newbie

still won't work for me. i got the driver to download (it kept stalling every few MB and i had to keep restarting it) and it created the 80269964 zip file and a different folder called TF810C which had drivers in it. However, now it wont do anything. running the LiveUpdate doesn't install anything, and restarting doesnt work. it just stalls at 0% when i hit "install items."

anyone else having this issue?

5. mm289

mm289 Tablet Business User

Nah, just a different issue! :)

LiveUpdate did nothing just stalled so installed the drivers from post#3 in \download as per Vad's post and set it too run again. Now just get "can't connect" message.

How did you guys change the settingto look daily for updates - can see any settings options......

Cheers,

MM

6. MaximumFish

Try deleting everything in C:\Program Files\ASUS\LiveUpdate\download and C:\Program Files\ASUS\LiveUpdate\log, then grab the file linked in post 3 of this thread and put it in the first directory.

Run the update program again and see if it'll install.

It's worth noting that the progress bar is far from accurate. When I did the update, the bottom one showed 100% straight away and the top one went from 0 to 33 to 66 to 100% with nothing in between. Just let it do its thing until it prompts you to restart.

7. mm289

Thanks for the suggestion but I still get the "cannot connect" dialogue :mad:

MM

8. MaximumFish

I had a look at the update package itself and it's all self contained - there's no need to install it through LiveUpdate.

Simply download the zip from the 3rd post if you haven't already, extract it to a location of your choice, open the folder, right-click install.cmd and choose Run as administrator. It'll take a while running through everything, just remember to reboot once the black command window closes!

As a side note, this package updates a LOT! It's 126MB extracted and they've really gone to town, which perhaps explains why it's taken so long to get it out there.

9. mm289

The CMD window only pops up for a few seconds then closes itself. Cant see any updater apps running in task manager. Anything else I should look for to check if it is running still?

Thanks,

MM

10. MaximumFish

And you definitely ran it as administrator? Post the contents of C:\Windows\Logs\ASUSDriverInstall.log, it might glean us some information.