New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I think most of us thought the same, it is a curse! :eek: I also have tried everything, I live in Europe, Liveupdate could connect to the server and download the 6kb file since 4 hours ago, then I only get the usual Could not connect the server message... I think we will have to polish our patience again and wait a bit more. If just anyone could share that file, but as you say It is impossible to download it again using Liveupdate...

2. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I signed up for a Webstorage account and logged in via Metro IE, desktop IE and Firefox but it results in exactly the same HTML error file.

I wonder if anyone that successfully grabbed the file could recover it using a file recovery app...

3. swagner53

swagner53 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, after a successful update and things running and waking very well yesterday, I closed her up and let her sleep for the night. She would not wake up this morning. Had to do a full reboot.Ink in One Note is about the same.

4. twism8282

twism8282 Pen Pal - Newbie

and the saga continues. Wednesday morning (USA), I successfully installed the ASUS update through live update. It took about 15min. Afterward, my sound wouldn't work and the synaptic control panel was giving me errors. I attributed this to all the previous updates I had done using other manufacturers/beta drivers. I bit the bullet and performed a full PC REFRESH. Now when I try to perform the ASUS update, I get the same "UNZIP" Error everyone else is experiencing. Is this some kind of evil joke Asus is playing.

5. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Way ahead of you... no luck...
    Where did you exactly log in to?

Also please if anyone that gets the download process started aka more then 6KB in C:\Program Files\ASUS\LiveUpdate\download PLEASE read post #3 on how to preserve the complete file!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Cthugha

Cthugha Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, could the "unzip failed" error be related to running LiveUpdate manually...? When I just got the scheduled notification the download seems to be working (not completed yet, but it looks promising). If so, set your update check schedule to daily and wait ;)

Update: Yes, it worked :) This was my first scheduled attempt, all previous failed attempts was with starting LiveUpdate manually.
    I have no workaround except setting the schedule to daily and waiting for the update notification...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  7. vadimpelau

Ladies and gentlemen, contain your orgasms! It's here, either download it from post #3 completely and put it in /download or let the updater do it's thing!

8. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here from the USA. My LiveUpdate never was able to connect from day one. Went with Asus online support and they had me uninstall LiveUpdate and redownload LiveUpdate. We tried all 4 versions of LiveUpdate and it gives the same error message when trying to install: Unable to install to a non-Asus notebook!

9. vadimpelau

Nah, I poked the service the whole day today and it just became available. I posted the drivers on the first page too for those who get connection errors.
    Awkwardly I updated around this time yesterday, so maybe the update is pushed based on different timezones or maybe the service was down.

Either way best to use Asus's tool my experience was seamless, issue free and completely hidden in the background.

10. nheel

nheel Scribbler - Standard Member

Just got my new drivers, for the first time in a long time I can report that closing my computer (with dock) does not result in the touchpad going haywire and waking up the screen. At least not yet.

Unsure about the battery drain issues so far, but will report back when I can figure out if it's fixed or not.