New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks man. In the end, it worked great. Seems the Synaptics interface is now incompatible with the mouse driver, but that's fine. Curious whether I should do a system refresh and update to newest Asus drivers (instead of layer over the ones I previously installed). I'll give it a few days to see how it works out.

2. WellThen

WellThen Pen Pal - Newbie

So, part of me is hoping that now that driver updates are available, the TF810 will get some coverage and reviews from more mainstream sources. The other part is thinking, "but if they only want to compare it to an iPad or an Ultrabook, never mind".

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So can I reenable the ASUSCPI service that occasion hog CPU resources even in sleep mode. I too installed the new driver package on top of the hacked drivers from other OEMs , but seen no sign of incompatibility. Wondering also if its alright to disable the synaptics touchpad utility that uses 3% of the CPU whenever the touchpad is in use. Thanks

4. ahkim

ahkim Pen Pal - Newbie

Amazing timing. I just bought the surface pro and was going to put my asus on eBay. I might have to hold off.

Anyone know if the update will have an issue with the HP synaptics touch pad driver I installed?

5. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here. I have uninstalled all my Intel drivers and Wacom beta drivers just in case.

6. sssaaammmcn

sssaaammmcn Pen Pal - Newbie

same.
    the updater only downloaded a 6kbytes file not a 45mb file

7. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had my ASUS in sleep mode the whole night and in the morning the track pad works fine. I also tried to wake up the tablet during it is in the dock by giving some preasur on the back of the tablet to push the mouse pad. This has worked in the past to turn the screen on but now I don't think it works any more but I will have to give a look at this as well.

8. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

Same thing here. It notifies me about the update just fine but refuses to download it. Methinks they've moved/deleted/renamed the file it's trying to download. Infuriating!

9. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Read post 3 if download gets stuck.

10. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't get stuck, it simply doesn't download anything. Literally a second or two after clicking install it pops up saying unzip failed and quits. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.