New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

What timing from Asus! I just got this from support today:

The drivers in the link don't seem as new as those from LiveUpdate (the graphics driver is .1099) but it gives you a great idea of what's been updated.

Chipset,
    Touchpad
    BIOS
    WLAN
    GNSS
    NFC
    Bluetooth
    Digitiser
    'Sensor' - Which one?

Very pleased indeed. Nice to have a graphics driver that displays things correctly but doesn't make the screen flicker! Maybe the Inkers among us can give the new digitiser drivers ago and test pressure sensitivity?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. swagner53

swagner53 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well... after my hour commute home she woke from sleep like a champ. Will post tomorrow how OneNote inking is after a meeting or two using it. Could it be possible that will really become the computer I hoped it would be?

3. curtissh

curtissh Scribbler - Standard Member

EEE LiveUpdate shows the update available. However, when I click on Install Items, the first line stays stuck at "Overall status 0.0%." Ideas? Is this normal?

4. Breed

Yep, was like that for me. Just let it do its thing and it'll go to 33% then 66% then 100%. Takes around 10mins for each step. Just be patient :)

5. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

So excited for this! I was using my tablet just last night and muttering to myself about the touchpad and sleep issues. Why did I leave it at home today?!?

6. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually installed the updates and the first impressions are pretty good. I will let the tf810 in sleep mode during night and I will see tomorrow if my mouse pad issue is still alive. I will have a look at the other issue (with the mouse pad not going in sleep mode when tablet is in dock and close) is happening also. This issue is very tricky because the tablet wakes up when the tablet is carried in a bag.

7. Breed

I'm having some serious Wi-Fi issues with the new drivers. Struggling to pull more than 3Mbps. Anybody else seeing this?

EDIT: Never mind. Seemed to be a range thing. Moved closer to my router and back pulling my full 40Mbps internet. Never usually had a problem with where I was though. Will keep an eye on it...

8. woshisb

woshisb Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine shows "unzip failed" on 33%, anybody else?

9. Cthugha

Cthugha Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here :/ Tried several times now, and done a reboot. Nothing in the log files.

10. swagner53

swagner53 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sleep seems to be working properly, as well as the touchpad waking up. The tablet is also not waking up when I close the lid and move around or squeeze it near the touchpad. For all of our complaining about Asus not releasing drivers. at least the ones they put out seem to fix the issues. If this thing performs the way it has today over time, I say huge success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.