New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beachman

beachman Pen Pal - Newbie

2. schumaku

schumaku Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you beachman! This update is part of the big Microsoft patch-day and comes as part of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 cumulative update: April 2013 KB 2822241 Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 cumulative update: April 2013 already if I'm not wrong.

3. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

I've noticed Fast Startup now works reliably. It previously only worked after the tablet powered on after a shutdown from low battery. It now works after every shutdown.

4. beachman

Sorry to say, but the updates didn't help me at least, my Vivotab hung this morning after resume from sleep and it has drained the battery with 60% just over the night.:(

5. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

When I woke the VivoTab this morning it took a few second to let me slide the lock screen up and start using the tablet. The battery didn't drain, but it dropped from roughly 80% on the tablet and a full dock, to a 71% on the tablet and 55% on the dock.

6. schumaku

schumaku Pen Pal - Newbie

Wake-up in the morning was a no-brainer, power supply was connected over night.

However, after the 3rd or 4th easy sleep (screen off while getting a coffee), the WLAN appears as connected, but no IP address - and any attempt to renew/release/... does lead to a file not found on the shell.

7. beachman

FYI
    If you have battery drain, there is a method to get a report on that.

1. Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
    2. Type powercfg -batteryreport
    3. Open up a newly created html-file under C:\Users\YourUserName\battery-report.html

Now you can see statistics over time and battery drain and if the tabled was in connected standby or active.

8. orjan

orjan Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here. The battery drained a lot more than expected during the night. :(

9. latestarter

latestarter Pen Pal - Newbie

No battery drain for me after all the updates. All that is working fine. Keyboard still won't work after resume from sleep.

Asus are insisting I take it to their servcie centre as they are saying the Live Update not working must be hardware related. Are these people nuts? I'm typing this on my Sony T Series which when purchased had a mature driver set, a support policy locally, essentially a fully working device without bugs. It wasn't cheap tho - but neither was the TF810.

So annoyed.

10. orjan

orjan Pen Pal - Newbie

Great tip!

I checked this morning after the tablet+dock had been in sleep mode over the night. The battery report says that it had been in connected standby for 14:18 hours yet it consumed 25% of the battery. That is 25% of two batteries (tablet+dock) so it is quite a lot. Connected standby doesn't seem to work so well. :(

Is there a way to find out which process is running and using network during connected standby?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.