New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latestarter

latestarter Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't matter how mine is connected - WiFi (on any WiFi), wired, cell phone...whatever...doesn't work.

2. latestarter

orjan, how can you tell that is was an issue with the router and not the program itself? Everything I'm seeing here indicates that the program itself has a functional issue...

3. orjan

orjan Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't say it was an issue with the router itself, only that rebooting the router fixed it. I believe it could be an issue with the connection to the router that could very well be caused by bad drivers for the Wi-Fi card in TF810C. And what really fixed the issue for me could have been that the Wi-Fi driver was reinitialized when the router was rebooted.

4. Vasastan

Vasastan Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I took the plunge a few days ago and updated to the 2.03 drivers. (Used Asus LiveUpdate without problems.) So far, my device seems more stable than Before and has not had any more problems with waking up from sleep/battery drain.

5. latestarter

Why the heck can I not connect then? WTF is going with my device? Anyone else still stuk in no mans land?

6. bvd81

bvd81 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey latestarter, sorry for the slow reply. No, you are not the only one. I just had to reset my router (other problem) so though I might give live update another go. Guess what! same error message. Have also tried tethering to my phone, so I would be very surprised if it is the router.

I will open yet another ticket with ASUS about this. The last one they wanted me to send the device back. After my last experience with an RMA (3 weeks to fix the 'ghost touching' issue, and all they did was a factory reset), I won't be sending it back to them.

I have found however the drivers in this post have made the whole thing quite stable, which has been good so far.

7. latestarter

Thanks for that - glad I'm not alone :)

I've raised with ASUS and they say to get reinstalling the same LiveUdate...which of course makes no difference. Then they say to send away for repair. I've also had long delays with repairs from ASUS in the past...not going to trust them again.

What would resolve this for everyone is if they just posted the new drivers on the web site for download. I wonder why they refuse to do that?

8. mm289

mm289 Tablet Business User

Apparently there is a fix due this week

"I’m sorry for the late response.
    Our department in Taiwan has responded, and there should be an update this week to fix the issue you are having."

To be honest I am not holding my breath. They have also suggested I RMA but the whole RMA thing is a joke, you send it and no gauranteed response time and if no fault found they charge you even though it is under warranty.

Sorry, although this tab is the best around it will be my first and last Asus, shame they just don't seem to care about the customer grief they are causing :(

MM

9. orjan

orjan Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have Bluetooth enabled while you run LiveUpdate? If you do, turn it off and try running LiveUpdate again.

I have found that using Bluetooth seriously limits transfer speed of the Wi-Fi connection, especially when using default settings for the Wi-Fi card. If I turn Bluetooth on while transferring a file over the network on the Wi-Fi connection, the file transfer will halt completely for a while. And if I transfer a file and start streaming music to my Bluetooth headset, the file transfer speed will be lowered significantly and often halted for a while.

I have found that setting the "Bluetooth Collaboration" parameter to "Disable" on the Wi-Fi card in Device Manager (Broadcom 802.11bgn Wireless SDIO Adapter->Properties->Advanced) improves Wi-Fi transfer speed a lot when using a Bluetooth headset at the same time.

When you tried wired connection, how did you connect? With a USB Ethernet adapter?
    When you tried cell phone connection, did you use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot or did you connect with Bluetooth?

10. schumaku

schumaku Pen Pal - Newbie

One more victim here - never worked. LiveUpdate was always offline - very different from the TF810. At least useful thanks to this thread on this forum - thank you all!

Count me in ... three days to go this week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.