New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, so newer batches have the connection problem as well. Maybe the earlier batches are connecting?

2. nightworking

nightworking Pen Pal - Newbie

Solved (at least on my machine)! If you have a proxy server configured in the internet settings, this might be the problem. After deactivating the proxy server, mine worked. However, it seems there is nothing new to install (or the German translation is wrong). We'll see

3. latestarter

latestarter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all - I thought I'd join and help us collectovely get this resolved.

I have a CC0KA machine and although I can install the new Live Update I also get the "Not connected to network" failure. I tried disabling anti virus and firewall etc...I also used a wired network, dial up, wi fi to try the connection. No luck. I can't help but wonder whether it's a load of rubbish the message "there are new updates" - if it cannot connect to the internet, how does it know there are new updates? The only other possibility is that there are placekeeper files on the network and they've pulled the real ones for now due to stability issues? Therefore it finds what it thinks are the files, but it can't connect to the server it's meant to be. Actually, there's endless possibilities. Asus just need to fix it.

I was a fan of Asus. After this and my similar issues with their latest AC router (poor software support - buggy implementation) I'm no longer a customer. After these items pass their used by dates I'll be looking elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll keep trying stuff here and anything I find I will post.

4. nessers

nessers Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay. So I spent the day installing windows updates, and possibly the asus update as well.

Why possibly? Because I installed the software, and it informed me of a new update. Then it just instantly finished installing it. At some point I saw that there was a BIOS update (during one restart), but I still get a notice that there are new updates to install.

I have no idea what to do next...

5. EMG57

EMG57 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you all on this forum for the very useful information & resources which helped me successfully installing the drivers on my brand new TF810. It needed some manual work though. The automated "LiveUpdate" utility doesn't seem very reliable, to say the least ...

Here's what I did (and what issues I ran into):
    - It was probably a mistake but I installed quite a bunch of Windows updates before even attempting the Asus drivers update
    - The auto-update of LiveUpdate proposed an upgrade to 2.1.0.8 but kept failing on the unzip
    - I downloaded the LiveUpdate 2.1.0.8 package from Asus and installed it. Worked fine.
    - LiveUpdate 2.1.0.8 proposed an upgrade to drivers 2.03, which it "installed" for 2 seconds, then asked for reboot. After reboot, it proposed 2.03 again [repeat endlessly ;-)]
    - Then I downloaded the zip for drivers 2.03 as kindly provided in post #3 in this thread
    - I ran it as Administrator and C:\Windows\Logs\ASUSDriverInstall.log said that Intel Driver Install completed with code 9009 (failure) (Install Intel Driver Start ... / Insatll Inter Drive Done with 9009 / Error happened during Driver Packing Installing!!)
    - Following some advice in this thread, I ran the install.cmd from an elevated cmd (run as Administrator). I'm not sure if this is what helped but this time, it installed the "Intel Drivers" (in fact the main package of drivers, including graphics, Atom firmware, etc) ... and failed on the next section in the install.cmd (Sensor Hub) with code 5.
    - I determined that the reason for this failure was because I already had a more recent version of the Sensor Hub driver installed (version 20) than the one provided in the driver package 2.03 (version 17). The reason for this might be that I installed Windows updates first. Anyway the ill-designed install.cmd would then abort any further installation.
    - I simply bypassed the error checking by telling install.cmd to expect code 5 instead of 0 (if %errorcode% neq 5 goto ErrorInstall
    )
    - Finally, I ran install.cmd one last time and it finished installing successfully, and inserted the Registry key indicating that the package 2.03 was installed :)

24 hours later, my VivoTab 810 is much stabler :). No screen flickering anymore, at the moment no sleep/wake-up issues.

I hope this additional info can help some of you ...
    All the best.

6. inzimam

inzimam Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys are you talking about the original update provided by Asus a couple of weeks ago or is there a new update?

My live update just looks weird, at the top is says 'Live Update, Updates are available for installation. Select items to install'

7. EMG57

EMG57 Pen Pal - Newbie

We are talking about the update from a few weeks ago (that's 2.03), there's no new one to my knowledge. I only installed now because I didn't have the TF810 before. It became available quite late in my market.

My LiveUpdate looks the same, while there's nothing new to be installed. It's quite lame and buggy.

8. wubbzy

wubbzy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you all for the great info. I just got my TF810 and as expected, the update process was buggy. Being forewarned, I configured Windows Update to not install updates until I could get the Asus stuff updated. LiveUpdate updated itself ok, but the driver package didn't install properly until I downloaded and installed it from an Administrator-level cmd.exe. Now to re-enable Windows Update and I should be good to go.

9. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, tried installing it, npthing downloaded, but after 10min of the little ''installing'' icon spinning the program just crashed. I suspect that the new updater sucks balls, will have to update manually?, in a week, just in case its a phantom file again.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015