New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechnikFreak

TechnikFreak Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, I've received my tablet yesterday (with the docking) and started immediately with the driver update. First time, the Asus LiveUpdate failed to update itself due to "unzip failed". After resetting Windows 8 completely (about 2h hours of waiting) Asus LiveUpdate was able to update itself to 1.19 and the drivers to the newest version 2.03. I've double-checked all drivers and compared their version to the ones mentioned here in the first few posts, all of them are updated!
    But then, a new problem arose: After having updated, I checked Asus LiveUpdate and it said "One update available", it wants to update my drivers once more to 2.03, although all drivers are already updated?!? I've conducted the wohle update process a second time, but AsusLiveUpdate still insists upon updating the drivers to 2.03.
    Has anybode experienced the same or can some of you please let your LiveUpdate check for updates, if the same "problem" occurs? Thanks a lot for your help!

2. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Here are two .reg files. One contains the keys LiveUpdate writes after updating, the other one removes them so you can update again.

Attached Files:

3. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Live Update Ver 2.1.0.8 was today comming up on my Asus LiveUpdate.

Anyone tested it?

4. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  5. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the good old unzip failed when trying to update mine. Moments of deja vu right there!

6. tgwallbank

tgwallbank Pen Pal - Newbie

@Vadimpelau
    Thank you for the LiveUpdate file. My old file gave me the cannot connect to server box. This one opens the gui but then says my device is not connected to the network, please check WiFi is on!!! I give up. It's a good thing that there are forum members like yourself who make these files available.

7. mr2ns

mr2ns Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed this on my tf but now it crashes when loading. Any ideas? I had the previous version which kept saying an update available but it would fail on the zip file.

8. holsen

holsen Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for Sharing this information and for making both the update package and the Live Update package available to us. I'm on my second VivoTab - The first one went dead and Asus Replaced it, but it never worked right. Anyway I got the new machine and it was also sluggish and the Live Update wouldn't update - so I couldn't get this driver package without your help. It worked like a charm. This VivoTab is now everything I hoped it would be and more. It's lightning fast, handles my graphic / animation rich powerpoints and the digital inking is completely Lag Free!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I DID FIND A NEW BUG TO REPORT HOWEVER
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do Not Use The Pen and Touch Calibration in the Control Panel "TabletPC Setting"
    I just sent this to my teck support rep at ASUS: I've got the new tablet (TF810C - Vivo Tab) all set up and working very well. This is a completely different machine to the one that was replaced, this one works! BUT I did find a new bug that your engineers should be made aware of.....

After updating the PC I went to the control panel used the "Tablet PC" settings and calibrated both Pen and Touch. After doing so, I was unable to invoke the charms bar in 2 of 4 orientations and the top of the tablet (Landscape Mode Edge with camera) would not respond to any swipe action. I couldn't find any way to fix and I didn't realize it had anything to so with the calibration at this point, so once again I did a complete restore and wiped the drive. (I've had to do that way too many times) I got everything working again, loaded all my programs and then went to Tablet Settings and ran through the calibration of pen and touch and once again the charms bar stopped working as well as the the top edge in any orientation. Fortunately, I went back to to the settings and undid the calibration by clicking "Reset" the pen and touch calibrations and all my swipe actions came back.

I've owned many windows Tablet PC's over the years and this is the first time I've had this problem so there is a bug somewhere. I also own 2 Samsung ATIV Smart PCs and have used the calibration function on boh of them without any issue so the problem must be with Asus Software somewhere.

Please pass this info to your engineering team. Most of your customers would not be able to troubleshoot this for themselves.

Howard Olsen.

9. loxzzz

loxzzz Pen Pal - Newbie

the led on my dock doesn't light up, im assuming the unit i received is defective?

10. NewYorker545

NewYorker545 Pen Pal - Newbie

Doesn't light up when? When the charge cable is plugged in? When docked? If you dock to the tablet, and feel the buzz vibration, check the desktop battery icon. Does it say the keyboard is charging?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013