New Asus Drivers for 810 2-20-13

Discussion in 'Asus' started by swagner53, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

You have to use Disk Cleanup to get rid of Windows.old folders. Let it do the first scan, click Clean up system files, it'll do another scan, and show up in the list to remove.

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Did that but it didn't list the windows old folder. Any other way?

3. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

After a week of trying to download the drivers, I found that the divers only install at one point in the day, for some reason the unzip failed all other times but started to download the other parts of the day. The update doesnt show the download progress, the only way to see it is to open the download folder in liveupdate. The file is 46.528 mb in total. I had a problem before because the liveupdate program randomly decides to close itself. So a few times the full .zip file downloaded but nothing happened as the liveupdate closed. I just kept clicking on it and kept the download folder open in background to see the progress. This seemed to help as when the download finished the liveupdate began installing and "overall" progress bar started to increase. It is a slow progress but in the end i have the drivers. I will update if the stability improved, so far from other responses the drivers do help alot.

4. Lord Augastus

Lord Augastus Pen Pal - Newbie

Do a reinstall/wipe of the hard drive and the OS, its the other option thats not a refresh. After I have done my reinstall the freezing issue seemed to become much much less regular. It seems to be a driver power state failure, which causes the laptop to freeze and only vibration. Anyway save all your data on external memory and do a full reinstall.

5. Breed

Breed Scribbler - Standard Member

Strange. Should list 'Previous Windows Installations'. Oh well. Fire up an Elevated Prompt (these things are the boyos):

C:\Windows\system32>cd\

C:\>attrib /S -r -a -s -h Windows.old

C:\>takeown /f Windows.old /a /r

C:\>rd /s Windows.old

6. AegixNova

AegixNova Pen Pal - Newbie

Once you start Disk Cleanup, click the Administrator "Clean up system files" button to the bottom left :)

7. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  8. Raztamoket

Raztamoket Pen Pal - Newbie

updated to 2.03 and this happened - View attachment 3384

now my touch input is completely screwed

help plz

9. MaximumFish

MaximumFish Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry to hear so many people having issues getting these drivers installed. I can't think why some would have connection issues where others work just fine - it's all standard HTTP/S requests.

Anyway, in brighter news I've noticed a vast improvement in stability on my tablet. The touchpad works every time when woken up and I've noticed that the dock battery now drains a lot slower than before, which is nice and something I wasn't really expecting.

Overall I'm very pleased with what's been done, provided they can be installed of course.

10. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you all for your help and advice.
    Device seems to be working as it should from the start.
    I did full Windows reinstall, updated firmware (via CMD in Admin mode), than all Windows updates.
    VPN issue seems to be gone, sleep error seems to be gone.

Finally I can enjoy my Vivo Tab :) - thanks again (@Breed spec. THANK YOU for U Mate!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.